Can you help me with some simple upgrades?

Orven

Hi everyone, I would like to have some suggestions if you don't mind. So, this is the specs of my computer.

AMD a10 7860k

Gigabyte f2a68hm-s1

Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1333mhz

NVIDIA Geforce GT 730

I just want to improve my fps in Dota 2 even in low settings. Approximately, it has max of 80fps and it drops when clashing in the game. I didn't upgrade this since I am using Chrome and Dota 2 only. If it is possible, can it have some minor upgrades that is not that much? thanks

Budget?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Budget?

150usd if possible.

2 minutes ago, Orven said:

Hi everyone, I would like to have some suggestions if you don't mind. So, this is the specs of my computer.

AMD a10 7860k

Gigabyte f2a68hm-s1

NVIDIA Geforce GT 730

I just want to improve my fps in Dota 2 even in low settings. Approximately, it has max of 80fps and it drops when clashing in the game. I didn't upgrade this since I am using Chrome and Dota 2 only. If it is possible, can it have some minor upgrades that is not that much? thanks

If all you care about is FPS in Dota 2, a GT 1030 is a great option for a graphics card and second hand they're way cheap (sometimes under 40 bucks) Just make sure you get the GDDR5 variant and not the DDR4 variant. Just keep in mind if there's many other games you want to play the 1030 isn't necessarily a beast. I'd really consider swapping out that GT 730, it's not a good card in all honesty.

#BudgetMasterRace

CPU: Pentium G4560  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050 OC  RAM: 8GB DDR4 2400mhz  CASE: NZXT S340  POWER SUPPLY: EVGA 500B MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B250M-DS3H  STORAGE: 1tb Wd Blue 7200rpm hdd  MOUSE: Redragon M711 Cobra Chroma RGB 

KEYBOARD: Corsair Strafe  MICROPHONE: Blue Snowball  DISPLAY: Dell S2440L 1080p 60hz  HEADPHONES: Audio Technica ATH-M30X's

Just now, Orven said:

150usd if possible.

RX570 or 580 (used) get the 8gb version if possible.

You'll be running dota at 1080p high settings 60FPS+ guaranteed.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

8 minutes ago, Orven said:

AMD a10 7860k

Gigabyte f2a68hm-s1

NVIDIA Geforce GT 730

Find a used RX 570 for under $100, you should be able to play high settings at 60 FPS easily.

2 minutes ago, Zeke_ said:

If all you care about is FPS in Dota 2, a GT 1030 is a great option for a graphics card and second hand they're way cheap (sometimes under 40 bucks) Just make sure you get the GDDR5 variant and not the DDR4 variant. Just keep in mind if there's many other games you want to play the 1030 isn't necessarily a beast. I'd really consider swapping out that GT 730, it's not a good card in all honesty.

Thank you so much, I just don't know about some bottleneck stuffs. So GT1030, I will try to find some used here in the philippines. Yeah GT730 is not good, it doesn't help at all honestly.

2 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

RX570 or 580 (used) get the 8gb version if possible.

You'll be running dota at 1080p high settings 60FPS+ guaranteed.

Thank you, I will try to find some used rx 570. It really doesn't matter if high or low, I just want to play the game smooth. haha

2 minutes ago, steelo said:

Find a used RX 570 for under $100, you should be able to play high settings at 60 FPS easily.

I'll definitely search it now. Thank you so much! I really don't want to get a new set or upgrade it max because I don't do much, I just work online and play dota 2. Should I upgrade my ram also? or that is fine?

Just now, Orven said:

Thank you so much, I just don't know about some bottleneck stuffs. So GT1030, I will try to find some used here in the philippines. Yeah GT730 is not good, it doesn't help at all honestly.

Nooo... Don't get 1030, it's a rubbish card. As i said 570 or 580, it should be abundance even in Philippines.

You do have coin miners there right?

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Just now, Orven said:

I'll definitely search it now. Thank you so much! I really don't want to get a new set or upgrade it max because I don't do much, I just work online and play dota 2. Should I upgrade my ram also? or that is fine?

you didnt say how much you have. How much ram do you have?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

9 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

I was going to ask APU, should be overall better than his current system

but APU is beyond $200 i would think, for mobo cpu and ram

his CPU should be fine for DOTA...? not too familiar with the game but it should be fine, old game

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, SupaKomputa said:

Nooo... Don't get 1030, it's a rubbish card. As i said 570 or 580, it should be abundance even in Philippines.

I completely agree...the 1030 is a pile of horse manure. Heck, the igpu in a Ryzen 5 3400g performs about the same and is a much better value.

1 minute ago, SupaKomputa said:

Okay noted, Yeah but so hard to find sellers. I'll search it and see how it goes. The miner card is the one without display ports?

2 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

you didnt say how much you have. How much ram do you have?

I have 8gbs only 1333mhz

Just now, Orven said:

I have 8gbs only 1333mhz

its ok

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

1 minute ago, Orven said:

Okay noted, Yeah but so hard to find sellers. I'll search it and see how it goes. The miner card is the one without display ports?

No, i'm not refering a miner edition card spesifically. Don't get that, as they usually have only 1 output (or none).

I'm just saying when there's miners, you should get these cards for cheap, as mining is dead, so they will dump all their cards to the market.

RX cards are undervalued because of them.

Get either of these, RX470/480/570/580 or if you can't RX560.

1050ti is also good but the GTX used price is not that low.

Well it's your choice, RX570 can be as low as $80 in the used market.

No, i'm not refering a miner edition card spesifically. Don't get that, as they usually have only 1 output (or none).

I'm just saying when there's miners, you should get these cards for cheap, as mining is dead, so they will dump all their cards to the market.

RX cards are undervalued because of them.

Get either of these, RX470/480/570/580 or if you can't RX560.

1050ti is also good but the GTX used price is not that low.

Oh okay, now I understand. Most of the people here especially me will wait until our unit is dead in that way it is worth it haha. The 1050ti is always available here, does that work with my CPU? Sorry I have a lot of questions.

1 minute ago, Orven said:

Oh okay, now I understand. Most of the people here especially me will wait until our unit is dead in that way it is worth it haha. The 1050ti is always available here, does that work with my CPU? Sorry I have a lot of questions.

it works perfectly :)

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

Well if you have the money for RX570, go for it.

I use to have 1050ti, i play at around 40-50 fps.

On RX580 i can get up to 60-80 fps, just to give you a picture.

Yes it will work with your CPU, all you need is replace the 730.

You may not get the most out of the GPU but it will be much better than having a  730.

4 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Well it's your choice, RX570 can be as low as $80 in the used market.

I'll canvas it here in our area and see what I can find.

BTW: Is this ur specs? woah 😮

Ryzen 2600 @ 4ghz | Radeon RX580 | 32gb HyperX 3200mhz | 500gb Samsung PM981a | 5 TB HDD | Corsair CX450

5 minutes ago, mahyar said:

it works perfectly :)

Thank you!

Well if you have the money for RX570, go for it.

I use to have 1050ti, i play at around 40-50 fps.

On RX580 i can get up to 60-80 fps, just to give you a picture.

Yes it will work with your CPU, all you need is replace the 730.

You may not get the most out of the GPU but it will be much better than having a  730.

Hmm thank you for that. Definitely I will search for the RX570 and if I purchase one, I will update you guys! I was shy posting here in the forum because I have low end pc. People here are friendly and helpful!