Reinstalled windows 10- best audio driver to use?

Splashboy3

Hi guys- i had to fix my pc so I did a fresh install of windows and now paying the classic price of reinstalling everything-

When I plugged my headphones into my case, obviously since there isn't an audio driver installed I heard nothing--- which is the least bloatware-y/ best audio driver to install?

I know NVIDIA has one for geforce(I think?) and ASIO and Realtek are seemingly the norm- but figured i'd ask here first. 

Tl; dr: Realtek.

This depends on the chip, that's most likely on the motherboard. On board audio chips are usually made by Realtek.

I'd assume, that the NVIDIA drivers are for the GPU, that can serve as an audio output via HDMI aswell.

ASIO on the other hand isn't a specific driver. It's a protocoll for low-latency audio transmission. However, a lot of applications can't deal with ASIO. Therefore, manufacturers, who include an ASIO driver with their product, will also provide non ASIO drivers.

15 minutes ago, startrek03 said:

Tl; dr: Realtek.

This depends on the chip, that's most likely on the motherboard. On board audio chips are usually made by Realtek.

I'd assume, that the NVIDIA drivers are for the GPU, that can serve as an audio output via HDMI aswell.

ASIO on the other hand isn't a specific driver. It's a protocoll for low-latency audio transmission. However, a lot of applications can't deal with ASIO. Therefore, manufacturers, who include an ASIO driver with their product, will also provide non ASIO drivers.

That's really helpful, thanks :)