Loss of Bluetooth signal

james_bond

Hi,

$ lsusb 
Bus 001 Device 006: ID 2318:2808 Shining Technologies, Inc. [hex] 2.4G Composite Devic

^^ This is my USB Bluetooth adapter.

I am using a Bluetooth headset. If I sit just in front of my PC the audio is fine but I try to watch a movie from my bed which is exactly 7 feet away I face severe loss of signal. The sounds breaks, I hear crackling sounds. Is there a way to fix this ?

Using only Linux since 2007. Not a single MS Windows or Mac client at home.

18 minutes ago, james_bond said:

Hi,

$ lsusb 
Bus 001 Device 006: ID 2318:2808 Shining Technologies, Inc. [hex] 2.4G Composite Devic

^^ This is my USB Bluetooth adapter.

I am using a Bluetooth headset. If I sit just in front of my PC the audio is fine but I try to watch a movie from my bed which is exactly 7 feet away I face severe loss of signal. The sounds breaks, I hear crackling sounds. Is there a way to fix this ?

Other than getting a new Bluetooth adapter, not really. Seems like a range issue. Bluetooth is not well known for having amazing reach. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

21 minutes ago, james_bond said:

Is there a way to fix this ?

You don't mention where the adapter in your PC is. If it's e.g. in the back of the PC, that could reduce the range of it. For best results, you'd want to have line-of-sight, so using e.g. a USB extension-cable to bring the adapter to a spot where it has line-of-sight to your bed might help.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

2 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

You don't mention where the adapter in your PC is. If it's e.g. in the back of the PC, that could reduce the range of it. For best results, you'd want to have line-of-sight, so using e.g. a USB extension-cable to bring the adapter to a spot where it has line-of-sight to your bed might help.

Yes, its connected to the back of my PC. Okay I will buy a USB extension-cable.

7 minutes ago, DutchGuyTom said:

I don't even know how to find that BT adapter but I would suggest spending $10 on a USB BT adapter. If range persists to be an issue then you can always get a USB extension cord and place the adapter in a better place where it will have less interference.

10 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Other than getting a new Bluetooth adapter, not really. Seems like a range issue. Bluetooth is not well known for having amazing reach. 

Please suggest a new adapter from https://www.amazon.in/

Note: I use Linux so compatibility is important. 

I am really sorry guys. By mistake I mentioned my WiFi device in place of Bluetooth. This is my Bluetooth device :

Bus 001 Device 019: ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)

@WereCatf @DutchGuyTom

I have moved the Bluetooth dongle from the back of my PC to the front. The signal has improved a bit but not much. A really strange thing is happening. If I use my Bluetooth headset in a seated position the signal is stable but if I lie down there are gaps & cracks.

2 minutes ago, james_bond said:

I have moved the Bluetooth dongle from the back of my PC to the front. The signal has improved a bit but not much. A really strange thing is happening. If I use my Bluetooth headset in a seated position the signal is stable but if I lie down there are gaps & cracks.

Get a short USB extension-cable and try putting the Bluetooth-stick sideways on a table and see if the signal now works when lying down, but has issues when you're sitting up; if it does, that means your headset has kind of crappy, really directional antenna-setup.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.