Crashes

XDwilsonXD

I dont know y but with i start the computer the first time it wont boot but a few more try then it will boot. and sometime the whole computer just frozen. Can u guys tell me whats wrong and how to fix it. Also its only been a month that i got this hard drive.

I dont know y but with i start the computer the first time it wont boot but a few more try then it will boot. and sometime the whole computer just frozen. Can u guys tell me whats wrong and how to fix it. Also its only been a month that i got this hard drive.

Maybe you should do a reformat.

What happens when it "won't boot" black screen? blue screen?

how uninstall windows and reinstalling it becuz i think it could just be that i got a defective 

hard drive

is their a bios update, ive seen a few dfi lanparty motherboards in past need 2 or 3 boots to boot proper. was just a flaw in that series board. 

PC SPECS: ASUS Maximus Extreme IV-Z with i7-2600K @ 4.5GHz 1.38v, GSkill Sniper series 4x4GB DDR3-2133MHz 9-11-10-28 1.65v, ASUS ENGTX260 TOP, OCZ ZX 850Watt,Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 120GB SSD OS drive, Dual ASUS VH238H 23" LED monitors, 5TB storgae 2x2TB HDD and 1 TB black download drive, Antec DF-85 case with 4x120mm and 2x140mm fans, Gemini II cpu cooler with 2x120mm fans.  Logitech G19 keyboard

guys would u say that this is a defective

hard drive ???

guys would u say that this is a defective

hard drive ???

Try hard drive test softwares sorry dont really use them so i cant list one down for you

so download the latest bios?

i would look on motherboards site see how far behind yours is and in the fix notes see if your issue in list if yes download for sure. if not may not be needed but usefull. be sure read how flash bios can brick motherboard if you mess it up or choose wrong file

PC SPECS: ASUS Maximus Extreme IV-Z with i7-2600K @ 4.5GHz 1.38v, GSkill Sniper series 4x4GB DDR3-2133MHz 9-11-10-28 1.65v, ASUS ENGTX260 TOP, OCZ ZX 850Watt,Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 120GB SSD OS drive, Dual ASUS VH238H 23" LED monitors, 5TB storgae 2x2TB HDD and 1 TB black download drive, Antec DF-85 case with 4x120mm and 2x140mm fans, Gemini II cpu cooler with 2x120mm fans.  Logitech G19 keyboard

i tested the hard drive and it said it was fine but the problem is still here

this is my pc spec asus motherboard m5a97 le 2.0, cpu phenom 2 x6 960t black edition,8gb of ram, 1tb hard drive wd black, asus gpu 7750 1 gb, and an antec 430 watt earthwatt

Did the problem start with the new hard drive?
Do you have another hard drive you could try out for a while ?

this is the new hard drive and the only one

• 4 weeks later...

So i got a new hard drive and reinstall windows 8 it works fine but it still wont boot the first time could it be the power supply that doesnt have enough power ???

It's unlikely to be an insufficient PSU, especially as it used to and sometimes does work. Try these and stop after the answer is yes (there's no point answering the later questions): Does your computer POST (there might be a single BEEP, and usually you either get a screen with the motherboard manufacturer or a POST report with the BIOS brand on)? Do any fans come on when it fails and What wattage is the PSU rated at?

HTTP/2 203

So i got a new hard drive and reinstall windows 8 it works fine but it still wont boot the first time could it be the power supply that doesnt have enough power ???

"So i got a new hard drive and reinstall windows 8 it works fine but it still wont boot the first" so when you restart again it boots proper?? if so could just be a mobo fault a buddy has a few dfi boards and they do exact same wont boot first time round but 2nd boot flawless and no issues in windows.

EDIT: research mobo forums and such see if that is a common issue but sounds be a mobo deal from what your saying. possibly setting in bios not 100% without you posting pc specs for us to look them up a little