RIP 3ds

CheeseGaming43

The 3ds has been officially discontinued. It is my favorite console of all time and I have made some great memories from it. I made this so we could talk about the 3ds and what we liked/ disliked about it during its long life. 

On 9/17/2020 at 11:13 AM, CheeseGaming43 said:

The 3ds has been officially discontinued. It is my favorite console of all time and I have made some great memories from it. I made this so we could talk about the 3ds and what we liked/ disliked about it during its long life. 

It was really only a matter of time. It was a bit odd for Nintendo to have two handhelds at the same time but I guess that is partly due to the good sales the 3DS had and that Nintendo was insisting the Switch was a console so keeping the 3DS war part of the strategy in making that argument I guess. Plus, the 3DS is pretty long in the tooth.

RIP though 3DS. You definitely did well.

On 9/18/2020 at 2:13 AM, CheeseGaming43 said:

The 3DS was a terrific console, do not know a single person who disliked it. For me, some highlights were Persona Q2, MiiTopia, Tomadochi Life, Pokemon X, Pokemon Moon and Super Mario 3D World. I also appreciated the customization options for the home screen. Badges and Themes allowed you to truly make it your own, something the Switch desperately needs.

Definitely up there with the best consoles of all time.

RIP 3DS.

The 3DS has been on life support for more than a year now. It was basically dead when Nintendo announced the Switch Lite.  Not a single new release, physical edition game has come out for the 3DS in more than a year.  There was supposed to be a Paw Patrol game last year, but it was cancelled before release.

The great thing is that it will live on for a long time.  They are keeping the eshop running for the time being and I suspect there will be a healthy buy/sell/trade market for the games already out there.