Is the Sapphire Pulse Vega 56 good?

stlouis3089

my Current Asus rog strix vega 56(currently flashed to Vega 64) works good while browsing the PC/watching YouTube. Once i start Furmark or start playing a game like call of duty it starts to display artifacts everywhere and then it crashes. So i started looking for a used card as i cant afford a new card of that quality. i came across someone selling a Sapphire Pulse Vega 56 for 300$ it looks in really good shape, shows very little if any signs of ware and still has the little stickers over the screws(never been opened). Is this card any good? is it worth 300$ used(I am in Canada). or should i spend the 300$ on something else better?

15 minutes ago, stlouis3089 said:

my Current Asus rog strix vega 56(currently flashed to Vega 64) works good while browsing the PC/watching YouTube. Once i start Furmark or start playing a game like call of duty it starts to display artifacts everywhere and then it crashes. So i started looking for a used card as i cant afford a new card of that quality. i came across someone selling a Sapphire Pulse Vega 56 for 300$ it looks in really good shape, shows very little if any signs of ware and still has the little stickers over the screws(never been opened). Is this card any good? is it worth 300$ used(I am in Canada). or should i spend the 300$ on something else better?

Maybe just get an RTX 2060 or a 5600XT you can find models of both that cost around 300$ -/+ new.

EDIT: Both are really high end 1080p cards and can even manage 60fps at 1440p 

If i look up those cards new on amazon I am still looking at 500$ after tax. Wouldnt the 1060 be similiar to the 2060 when it comes to gaming performance? I dont stream or anything like that. I just play games on my 1440p monitor.

Have you tried flashing back the bios?

CPU | Intel i9-10850K | GPU | EVGA 3080ti FTW3 HYBRID  | CASE | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX | PSU | Corsair HX850i | RAM | 2x8GB G.skill Trident RGB 3000MHz | MOTHERBOARD | Asus Z490E Strix | STORAGE | Adata XPG 256GB NVME + Adata XPG 1T + WD Blue 1TB + Adata 480GB SSD | COOLING | Evga CLC280 | MONITOR | Acer Predator XB271HU | OS | Windows 10 |

Try flashing back to a vega 56, the flash might not be stable enough for anything but browsing, I wouldn't recommend furmark though it pushes a GPU harder than any real gaming load would.

Don't all vega 56s have a dual bios switch and a backup bios? I know mine does.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Prices in Canada are really higher than in the US even when you take exchange rate into account sadly.  For around 300 before tax you can have a gtx 1660 non super ...

The sapphire pulse is supposed to be one of the good version of the vega 56. 

41 minutes ago, stlouis3089 said:

Wouldnt the 1060 be similiar to the 2060 when it comes to gaming performance?

There's a lot of difference between those two cards.  The gtx 1060 is roughly around gtx 1650 super territory depending of the game ...

The 2060 would be I think around/between 1070 ti and 1080 kind of performance ...

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD

3 hours ago, LOST TALE said:

Don't all vega 56s have a dual bios switch and a backup bios? I know mine does.

just flip the little switch and it should go back to the 56??

2 hours ago, stlouis3089 said:

just flip the little switch and it should go back to the 56??

yes.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.