Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shangraw

Help ! Please! Pc Troubleshooting

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Ok so my pc just shuts down while playing rocket league no error messages, blue screen, nothing even in windows event logs doesn't show anything. it crashes in other games as well but i have narrowed it down to me getting demoed in rocket league not every time but i would say every 1-3 demos i crash (pc turns off/restarts) other games are just random shut downs/restarts i believe. i have stress tested my cpu, gpu, and ram with prime95, valley benchmark and memtest 64 nothing came back with a problem also tried reseating my gpu, tried removing memory 1 at a time, completely rebuilt my system to see if anything was lose. also reformatted my pc with a new ssd and the problem still here i believe it could be my psu or mobo but honestly have no idea if someone can help i would greatly appreciate it :) also never overclocked or anything of the such 

 

 

Windows 10 pro 64bit

cpu: i7 7700k

cpu cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo 

psu: thermaltake tr2 700w

mobo: z170a gaming m5

gpu: evga superclocked 2 gtx 1080

ram: 2x8 -16gb gskill Ripjaws V ddr4 3200

ssd: 120gb, 240gb

hdd: 1tb

Link to post
Share on other sites

I blame the PSU


Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shangraw said:

psu: thermaltake tr2 700w

This probably isn't the problem but that power supply is garbage and can fry your system, get a different one

 

Try getting rid of your overclocks and see if that fixes it, even though you've tested it in prime95 see if you stop crashing when it's stock.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Darpyface said:

This probably isn't the problem but that power supply is garbage and can fry your system, get a different one

 

Try getting rid of your overclocks and see if that fixes it, even though you've tested it in prime95 see if you stop crashing when it's stock.

it is at stock never overclocked it

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kanna said:

I blame the PSU

why? OP has said that stress testing the system, which is much more demanding than rocket league, doesn't crash the machine. 

 

now yes it's a garbage psi and should be swapped but I doubt it's causing this. 

 

 

 

@Shangraw turn XMP off if it's enabled. I recently had random crashing/freezes and turning that off fixed it. 


She/Her pls :) 

Phone: iPhone 6s | 64GB iOS

PC: ASUS Z370-P | Core i3 8100 R9 290X | 16GB RAM500GB SSD + 250GB SSD | Ubuntu 20.04

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thermal related crashs should show something in the event log. 

Run Aida64 as well to make sure.


CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ashley xD said:

why? OP has said that stress testing the system, which is much more demanding than rocket league, doesn't crash the machine. 

 

now yes it's a garbage psi and should be swapped but I doubt it's causing this. 

 

 

 

@Shangraw turn XMP off if it's enabled. I recently had random crashing/freezes and turning that off fixed it. 

True but it's still shit it cost as much as the wattage but you remove a 0 (wouldn't trust that)


Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kanna said:

True but it's still shit it cost as much as the wattage but you remove a 0 (wouldn't trust that)

as I already said it's garbage, but it's not useful to blame the PSU here as it likely isn't the problem. 


She/Her pls :) 

Phone: iPhone 6s | 64GB iOS

PC: ASUS Z370-P | Core i3 8100 R9 290X | 16GB RAM500GB SSD + 250GB SSD | Ubuntu 20.04

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you tried with one ram stick?


Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does it happen with any game other then Rocket League? If not then it might be a software issue. Wouldn't think so with a fresh image but it might be worth trying Steam's repair utility or rolling back a version (rolling it back might break multiplayer but you can test it in single player).

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
8 minutes ago, Ashley xD said:

why? OP has said that stress testing the system, which is much more demanding than rocket league, doesn't crash the machine. 

 

now yes it's a garbage psi and should be swapped but I doubt it's causing this. 

 

 

 

@Shangraw turn XMP off if it's enabled. I recently had random crashing/freezes and turning that off fixed it. 

ya its off :(

Link to post
Share on other sites

make sure drivers are updated. I was once surprised to find an ssd causing issues needing a driver update so check manufacturer pages for those too. Best of luck.


r5 3600 4.175GHz@1.1875v | Noctua Nh l9x65 am4 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3600mhz | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG | Silverstone ML08

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Msi rx 560 aero itx | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
9 minutes ago, Praesi said:

Thermal related crashs should show something in the event log. 

Run Aida64 as well to make sure.

ill try that and let u know 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
7 minutes ago, CWALD said:

Does it happen with any game other then Rocket League? If not then it might be a software issue. Wouldn't think so with a fresh image but it might be worth trying Steam's repair utility or rolling back a version (rolling it back might break multiplayer but you can test it in single player).

yes first time it happened was with assassins creed odyssey 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shangraw said:

yes first time it happened was with assassins creed odyssey 

Bummer, might still try rolling back a windows update as those can break things, might even try Linux if your feeling ambitious (POP OS is easy to start with). But if its not overheating and your PSU is not the cause then someone else here probably knows better then me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
30 minutes ago, Praesi said:

Thermal related crashs should show something in the event log. 

Run Aida64 as well to make sure.

now what should i be doing in aida64 lol ? system stability test ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
11 minutes ago, CWALD said:

Bummer, might still try rolling back a windows update as those can break things, might even try Linux if your feeling ambitious (POP OS is easy to start with). But if its not overheating and your PSU is not the cause then someone else here probably knows better then me.

ya i dont think its an update issue i have reformatted it and just the base updates i guess still crashed then tried with all updates and same problem 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shangraw said:

now what should i be doing in aida64 lol ? system stability test ?

Just run the overall test for an hour. This should flash out any Problems.


CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
37 minutes ago, Praesi said:

Just run the overall test for an hour. This should flash out any Problems.

stabilitytest.thumb.png.a04f908ec85f8692dd697620194618f1.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

tried that for 20mins stopped it jumped into rl for 1min got my friend to demo me 1st demo it crashed...lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Praesi said:

Just run the overall test for an hour. This should flash out any Problems.

43 minutes ago, Shangraw said:

tried that for 20mins stopped it jumped into rl for 1min got my friend to demo me 1st demo it crashed...lol

 

quote


Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
7 hours ago, Kanna said:

 

quote

had to run out didn't want to let it run for 8h but thanks for ur 2 cents 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
12 hours ago, Praesi said:

Just run the overall test for an hour. This should flash out any Problems.

 

stabilitytest.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Shangraw said:

 

stabilitytest.png

Temps are tip top. Rest looks as it should. Nothing to worry about.

 

Since you tested everything else and even reinstalled the OS with a new SSD, there´s only the the Mainboard and the PSU left.

 

The Crash Cause should have happen during the Benchmarks too, but i saw Pigs fly..so everything is possible. 

 

From here, there´s not much i can do for you. 

 

Good Luck.


CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×