Help ! Please! Pc Troubleshooting

Shangraw

Ok so my pc just shuts down while playing rocket league no error messages, blue screen, nothing even in windows event logs doesn't show anything. it crashes in other games as well but i have narrowed it down to me getting demoed in rocket league not every time but i would say every 1-3 demos i crash (pc turns off/restarts) other games are just random shut downs/restarts i believe. i have stress tested my cpu, gpu, and ram with prime95, valley benchmark and memtest 64 nothing came back with a problem also tried reseating my gpu, tried removing memory 1 at a time, completely rebuilt my system to see if anything was lose. also reformatted my pc with a new ssd and the problem still here i believe it could be my psu or mobo but honestly have no idea if someone can help i would greatly appreciate it :) also never overclocked or anything of the such 

Windows 10 pro 64bit

cpu: i7 7700k

cpu cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo 

psu: thermaltake tr2 700w

mobo: z170a gaming m5

gpu: evga superclocked 2 gtx 1080

ram: 2x8 -16gb gskill Ripjaws V ddr4 3200

ssd: 120gb, 240gb

hdd: 1tb

I blame the PSU

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

2 minutes ago, Shangraw said:

psu: thermaltake tr2 700w

This probably isn't the problem but that power supply is garbage and can fry your system, get a different one

Try getting rid of your overclocks and see if that fixes it, even though you've tested it in prime95 see if you stop crashing when it's stock.

1 minute ago, Darpyface said:

This probably isn't the problem but that power supply is garbage and can fry your system, get a different one

Try getting rid of your overclocks and see if that fixes it, even though you've tested it in prime95 see if you stop crashing when it's stock.

it is at stock never overclocked it

3 minutes ago, Kanna said:

I blame the PSU

why? OP has said that stress testing the system, which is much more demanding than rocket league, doesn't crash the machine. 

now yes it's a garbage psi and should be swapped but I doubt it's causing this. 

@Shangraw turn XMP off if it's enabled. I recently had random crashing/freezes and turning that off fixed it. 

She/Her

Thermal related crashs should show something in the event log. 

Run Aida64 as well to make sure.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Just now, Ashley xD said:

why? OP has said that stress testing the system, which is much more demanding than rocket league, doesn't crash the machine. 

@Shangraw turn XMP off if it's enabled. I recently had random crashing/freezes and turning that off fixed it. 

True but it's still shit it cost as much as the wattage but you remove a 0 (wouldn't trust that)

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Just now, Kanna said:

True but it's still shit it cost as much as the wattage but you remove a 0 (wouldn't trust that)

as I already said it's garbage, but it's not useful to blame the PSU here as it likely isn't the problem. 

She/Her

Have you tried with one ram stick?

Reminder⚠️

Does it happen with any game other then Rocket League? If not then it might be a software issue. Wouldn't think so with a fresh image but it might be worth trying Steam's repair utility or rolling back a version (rolling it back might break multiplayer but you can test it in single player).

8 minutes ago, Ashley xD said:

ya its off :(

4 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Have you tried with one ram stick?

yes no dice

make sure drivers are updated. I was once surprised to find an ssd causing issues needing a driver update so check manufacturer pages for those too. Best of luck.

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

9 minutes ago, Praesi said:

ill try that and let u know 

7 minutes ago, CWALD said:

Does it happen with any game other then Rocket League? If not then it might be a software issue. Wouldn't think so with a fresh image but it might be worth trying Steam's repair utility or rolling back a version (rolling it back might break multiplayer but you can test it in single player).

yes first time it happened was with assassins creed odyssey 

2 minutes ago, Shangraw said:

yes first time it happened was with assassins creed odyssey 

Bummer, might still try rolling back a windows update as those can break things, might even try Linux if your feeling ambitious (POP OS is easy to start with). But if its not overheating and your PSU is not the cause then someone else here probably knows better then me.

30 minutes ago, Praesi said:

now what should i be doing in aida64 lol ? system stability test ?

11 minutes ago, CWALD said:

Bummer, might still try rolling back a windows update as those can break things, might even try Linux if your feeling ambitious (POP OS is easy to start with). But if its not overheating and your PSU is not the cause then someone else here probably knows better then me.

ya i dont think its an update issue i have reformatted it and just the base updates i guess still crashed then tried with all updates and same problem 

1 minute ago, Shangraw said:

now what should i be doing in aida64 lol ? system stability test ?

Just run the overall test for an hour. This should flash out any Problems.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

37 minutes ago, Praesi said:

stabilitytest.thumb.png.a04f908ec85f8692dd697620194618f1.png

tried that for 20mins stopped it jumped into rl for 1min got my friend to demo me 1st demo it crashed...lol

1 hour ago, Praesi said:

43 minutes ago, Shangraw said:

tried that for 20mins stopped it jumped into rl for 1min got my friend to demo me 1st demo it crashed...lol

Reminder⚠️

7 hours ago, Kanna said:

had to run out didn't want to let it run for 8h but thanks for ur 2 cents 

12 hours ago, Praesi said:

stabilitytest.png

9 hours ago, Shangraw said:

stabilitytest.png

Temps are tip top. Rest looks as it should. Nothing to worry about.

Since you tested everything else and even reinstalled the OS with a new SSD, there´s only the the Mainboard and the PSU left.

The Crash Cause should have happen during the Benchmarks too, but i saw Pigs fly..so everything is possible. 

From here, there´s not much i can do for you. 

Good Luck.