Office PC in ITX Case

Budget (including currency): 1000 EUR (but I'm not planning to use all that)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Office stuff (Word, Outlook, Chrome)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

• peripherals are not needed
  • upgrading from a Mac Mini 2012
  • going to buy pretty soon - probably next weekend to check if mindfactory has some relevant deals
  • monitor is 1080p60, but that probably doesn't matter much for the office stuff

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G 3.7 GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€133.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard  (€124.69 @ Alternate) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (€62.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Sabrent Rocket 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€79.98 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€61.49 @ Mindfactory) 
Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S Mini ITX Desktop Case  (€65.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€102.26 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Total: €631.12
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-07-15 13:25 CEST+0200

Prices are not accurate as I used another site to make my part list. PCPP chooses Amazon instead of Mindfactory even though Mindfactory offers the APU, RAM and case (slightly) cheaper.

Additionally it adds 8.99€ shipping cost for these, but Mindfactory offers free shipping if you buy past midnight which I'm planning to do. The PC will cost about 610€ that way.

The plan is to have a small office PC for my parents that replaces the pretty old Mac Mini. I know that a 650W PSU is overkill for that build, but I initially planned a be quiet! Straight Power 11 450W. Unfortunately it's not available at Amazon or other shops at the moment. 

I read that AMD 4000 Desktop APUs should be released anytime soon too, but I don't know if it's worth the wait.

I choose the Fractal Design Define Nano S as case, since it looks clean and is silenced.

I'm planning to use the stock cooler (Wraith Spire) or maybe the Wraith Prism RGB of my build. The Prism should be a bitter better right? RGB doesn't matter as the case has no window.

Is that build good or is there any big mistake?

The mainboard is compatible with Ryzen 3000G, but out of the box?

looks like a good plan. psu is way overkill.

stock cooler is fine. no point in upgrading to a prism. for the price of that you can get much better coolers.

You don't need Ryzen 3400g for office stuff.

You only need a Athlon 3000g / 200ge, 2 cores 4 threads is more than enough to run office.

Is this list for you or for a real office?

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Athlon 3000G 3.5 GHz Dual-Core Processor  (€51.65 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Motherboard: Biostar X470NH Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard  (€94.60 @ Mindfactory) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL15 Memory  (€37.00 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Kingston A400 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€31.88 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€61.49 @ Mindfactory) 
Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S Mini ITX Desktop Case  (€65.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Power Supply: Corsair VS 350 W ATX Power Supply  (€44.69 @ Mindfactory) 
Total: €387.21
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-07-15 14:07 CEST+0200

This is more than enough...

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 minute ago, boggy77 said:

looks like a good plan. psu is way overkill.

stock cooler is fine. no point in upgrading to a prism. for the price of that you can get much better coolers.

I agree with the PSU - the thing is that I want a full-modular PSU and the less powerfull full-modular PSUs are currently unavailable. I'm still hoping that Mindfactory has a good PSU deal this weekend :)

My mistake with the cooler. I could have written it much better.

I built a PC for myself a bit ago and choose an AIO to cool my CPU, so I have one Wraith Prism still unused in the box.

I thought that it's better to use that instead of the 3400G stock cooler, since it's supposed to be a bit better.

The Wraith Spire would be used then for the same as the Prism now: nothing :)

6 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

You don't need Ryzen 3400g for office stuff.

You only need a Athlon 3000g / 200ge, 2 cores 4 threads is more than enough to run office.

Is this list for you or for a real office?

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Athlon 3000G 3.5 GHz Dual-Core Processor  (€51.65 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Motherboard: Biostar X470NH Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard  (€94.60 @ Mindfactory) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL15 Memory  (€37.00 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Kingston A400 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€31.88 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Power Supply: Corsair VS 350 W ATX Power Supply  (€44.69 @ Mindfactory) 
Total: €387.21
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-07-15 14:07 CEST+0200

This is more than enough...

Thanks. It's for my parents (not in a real office). 

1 minute ago, Gol_D_Chris said:

Thanks. It's for my parents (not in a real office). 

Especially for your parents, they don't need a proper gaming build.

- 256gb kingston is enough for boot, the hdd for storing pictures.

- 8gb memory also enough.

- 350w - 450w enough for the power (no gpu installed).

i build a lot of office pcs, my clients usually want the best performance. I always try to talk them through.

They want 1TB ssd, but after a year most of the pc only use like 50gb max. What a waste.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 hour ago, Gol_D_Chris said:

I agree with the PSU - the thing is that I want a full-modular PSU and the less powerfull full-modular PSUs are currently unavailable. I'm still hoping that Mindfactory has a good PSU deal this weekend :)

My mistake with the cooler. I could have written it much better.

I built a PC for myself a bit ago and choose an AIO to cool my CPU, so I have one Wraith Prism still unused in the box.

I thought that it's better to use that instead of the 3400G stock cooler, since it's supposed to be a bit better.

The Wraith Spire would be used then for the same as the Prism now: nothing :)

oh then if you have it already and it fits in the case, yes, go for it. it's a better cooler