Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Meczox_YT

What to look out for second hand phone?

Posted · Original PosterOP

So i am planning on getting the Iphone Xs Second hand but i have never gotten a second hand phone. So i want to know what are the things i need to checkni knoe a few of them but i need ti know as much as i can just in case. 

buy from a source that is reputable and has a really good return policy , thats pretty much it doesn't matter whats up with the phone if you follow that

2 minutes ago, Meczox_YT said:

So i am planning on getting the Iphone Xs Second hand but i have never gotten a second hand phone. So i want to know what are the things i need to checkni knoe a few of them but i need ti know as much as i can just in case. 

Make sure it is not Find My Locked. Could be locked because it might be stolen or the owner doesn't know tech well

Make sure it is Factory Reset If not, then get it factory reset or you could send the owner a video of how to do it. 

Make sure it is not locked by a carrier. Could be locked because: not fully paid or if it is stolen. 

I personally would not buy a second hand phone, but invest a bit more money into a new one. Some carriers have good deals for those phones going on. 

Not an Apple user, but from threads I've seen on here I'd make sure they are logged out of everything. Supposedly you can factory reset the phone and still be logged into iCloud which wont let you attach your account to the phone.

CPU I9-9900k, Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus XI Code, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB 3000mhz (8x4), GPU ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 2070 8GB, Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X, Storage CORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, Seagate BarraCuda 3TB 7200 RPM, PSU CORSAIR RM1000i, Cooling Asus ROG RYUO 240, Displays LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch, 32 inch curved that I can't find the model number for right now, Keyboard Corsair K95, Mouse Corsair Nightblade, Sound AT2020+ USB Mic and Headphones

Apple phones are the hardest to buy second hand.

You have to make sure it's logged out of everything, not on a carrier plan, and not associated with an iCloud account.

I'd probably look at Swappa if you're buying used.

Current PC:

Spoiler

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

Mothballed PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 hour ago, Meczox_YT said:

Make sure it’s signed out of iCloud and then things like max battery cap. For an XS it’s 18-24 months old so would say over 85% would be excellent. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?