Making my laptop faster

Hello i am looking for ways to boost my laptops performance since most of the games i play have been heavily modified through updates and my laptop is kinda weak to the point games like CS:GO at it's lowest settings 480p(yeah that's right! 480p!) struggles at around 20-30 FPS. Another one is league of legends which plays at a comfortably enough 40-50 FPS at the lowest settings possible 720p. I am not optimistic but i think there can be something useful that'll help. I wish i could upgrade to an SSD or even more RAM but unfortunately I am a student and my parents aren't willing to spend extra money,so i am stranded with this. Take a look at the specs and give an idea if helpful. I will try to save up for a cheap ssd but that is gonna downgrade the amount of storage since i use 90% of the laptops 500GB HDD

8 minutes ago, Marinos Karp said:

Take a look at the specs

Which are?

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

• CPU
    Intel Celeron 1005M 1.90Ghz (NO BOOST)
  • Motherboard
    Intel PT10F Laptop Motherboard
  • RAM
    4GB LPDDR3
  • GPU
    Intel HD Graphics
  • Storage
    500GB HDD 5400RPM TOSHIBA MQ01ABF050
  • Operating System
    Windows 8.1 64-Bit
  • Laptop
    Toshiba Sattelite C50-A-19T
    Is there any way to show me easy ways to see if i need to update the drivers
    because i think they're old

22 minutes ago, Marinos Karp said:

Hello i am looking for ways to boost my laptops performance since most of the games i play have been heavily modified through updates and my laptop is kinda weak to the point games like CS:GO at it's lowest settings 480p(yeah that's right! 480p!) struggles at around 20-30 FPS. Another one is league of legends which plays at a comfortably enough 40-50 FPS at the lowest settings possible 720p. I am not optimistic but i think there can be something useful that'll help. I wish i could upgrade to an SSD or even more RAM but unfortunately I am a student and my parents aren't willing to spend extra money,so i am stranded with this. Take a look at the specs and give an idea if helpful. I will try to save up for a cheap ssd but that is gonna downgrade the amount of storage since i use 90% of the laptops 500GB HDD

Replace the laptop with literally anything newer and you'll get better performance. Even an 8th or 9th generation Intel i3 CPU with intergrated graphics will run better than your current machine, mostly because that Celeron CPU and the rest of the machine is from 2013 ish, give or take.
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/75193/intel-celeron-processor-1005m-2m-cache-1-90-ghz.html

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Toshiba-Satellite-C50-Intel®-Portable/dp/B00H4TV630

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Fair enough. During quarantine i was close to buying a new short of gaming laptop but some stuff came up that i can't discuss that took away that opportunity which like i said has me stranded with this crap of a laptop. and like i said especially now my parents don't wanna spend extra money for a computer.

Not much you can do to increase performance. To make it more snappy, an ssd or adding ram is all you can do.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

1 minute ago, zeusthemoose said:

Not much you can do to increase performance. To make it more snappy, an ssd or adding ram is all you can do.

that's a bummer thanks for  the help though

34 minutes ago, Marinos Karp said:

<snip>

The best thing you can do is to clean up the OS as best as you can, running a minimum of programs as possible. It won't help much, but that'll get you to the point of performing the very best the hardware can do.

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

1 minute ago, svmlegacy said:

The best thing you can do is to clean up the OS as best as you can, running a minimum of programs as possible. It won't help much, but that'll get you to the point of performing the very best the hardware can do.

I will keep that in mind Thanks!