NOOO!!! TCL 65" Class 5-Series 4K tv is No More :(

6 minutes ago, Bender Blues said:

I've been saving up the last couple of months for this TV at Amazon that has amazing review everywhere.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S922JS4/

Its been selling for months at $470. Are these gone for good at that price?!?! 😢

Keep in mind that Covid still have the supply chain screwed up. Ive seen a lot of PC hardware inflated in price or just not available. You might be better waiting and seeing if the price drops. As it stands it looks like the price has doubled. They are selling for Samsung / LG prices, I wouldn't pay that. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Not sure where you live, but at Best Buy they $600. Still more than they were, but not hurtful either.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tcl-65-class-led-5-series-2160p-smart-4k-uhd-tv-with-hdr-roku-tv/6373216.p?skuId=6373216

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

Keep in mind that Covid still have the supply chain screwed up. Ive seen a lot of PC hardware inflated in price or just not available. You might be better waiting and seeing if the price drops. As it stands it looks like the price has doubled. They are selling for Samsung / LG prices, I wouldn't pay that. 

Covid's always on my mind, I didn't even think of the chain. And your exactly right on hardware, mobo's specifically   - oh boy.

Yeah it doubled if you went with one of the other sellers, and thats gonna do no good because I was saving here and there to come up with the $470 as it is.

Fingers crossed this is a chain/supply issue.

And of course, Amazon STILL wont answer their damn phones. I got it for the first three months with covid but come on.

Thanks Donut

** Here on the West Coast USA **

1 hour ago, Voluspa said:

Not sure where you live, but at Best Buy they $600. Still more than they were, but not hurtful either.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tcl-65-class-led-5-series-2160p-smart-4k-uhd-tv-with-hdr-roku-tv/6373216.p?skuId=6373216

Live in the states, west coast. Thanks for pointing that out. $600 isn't $470 but its sure as hell better than the $899 that other Amazon sellers are selling it at.

Best Buy also does %100 Amazon price matching if anyone didn't know. So if that price comes back, maybe I can snatch it up - if stock stays OK.

TY!

I forgot about price match.I looked around and even TCL has the price for the 5 series at almost $900 on their site. Target has the series 4, which is the one I have for the $470. Might look into the differences. They seem to be small. You lose out on some technology. I picked mine up last BF from Best Buy and love it. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

5 hours ago, Voluspa said:

I forgot about price match.I looked around and even TCL has the price for the 5 series at almost $900 on their site. Target has the series 4, which is the one I have for the $470. Might look into the differences. They seem to be small. You lose out on some technology. I picked mine up last BF from Best Buy and love it. 

I hope that is something that was already there when Amazon had them selling for $470 for months and months, just doubling the cost of a TV thats been selling at a price for maybe a year (?) doesn't seem right.

edit: doesn't seem right is... right 😅

The 6 series is selling less than even the 5 series I was talking about (from other sellers due to Amazon being sold out.)

https://www.amazon.com/TCL-Class-Dolby-Vision-Smart/dp/B07V4TC9V8/

So the price for the 5 series on TCL's sight seems off.

4 hours ago, Bender Blues said:

doesn't seem right.

Amazon is not selling the TV, its 3rd party sellers. Also its call the basic law of economics, Supply and Demand. The Supply at this time is fucked beyond belief, as a result the price goes up. 

Keep in mind that space of ships to get stuff to places is at a premium. They have to choose sending medical supplies or electronic components. They choose the medical supplies which means that other stuff is only trickling out of China at the moment. Add the fact that H1N1 was found in some pigs over there AND The Plague (AKA the Black Death) have infected at least two people in China. You have to be patient. I my self might be in the market for a new TV, Im waiting till later this year, maybe even in to next year. Hoping prices stabilize by then. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

https://camelcamelcamel.com/product/B07S922JS4?context=search

The prices have been all over the place on all three series, 4, 5 and 6. Like @Donut417 said it looks like supply and demand. Especially if you look at all three graphs. One goes out of stock, the other two go up, one comes back in stock it goes down then the one that was low goes up. Just going to have to keep an eye on it.

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

10 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Amazon is not selling the TV, its 3rd party sellers. Also its call the basic law of economics, Supply and Demand. The Supply at this time is fucked beyond belief, as a result the price goes up. 

Keep in mind that space of ships to get stuff to places is at a premium. They have to choose sending medical supplies or electronic components. They choose the medical supplies which means that other stuff is only trickling out of China at the moment. Add the fact that H1N1 was found in some pigs over there AND The Plague (AKA the Black Death) have infected at least two people in China. You have to be patient. I my self might be in the market for a new TV, Im waiting till later this year, maybe even in to next year. Hoping prices stabilize by then. 

I know Amazon's not selling the TV, thats why I created this post. THe third party $$$$ is a joke, $899 - for the 5 series. You can buy a new 6 series from Amazon for less.

6 hours ago, Voluspa said:

https://camelcamelcamel.com/product/B07S922JS4?context=search

The prices have been all over the place on all three series, 4, 5 and 6. Like @Donut417 said it looks like supply and demand. Especially if you look at all three graphs. One goes out of stock, the other two go up, one comes back in stock it goes down then the one that was low goes up. Just going to have to keep an eye on it.

All over indeed.

However, I don't know about that graph and espeically the pricing. Up until maybe three weeks ago, the 65" 5 series was selling for sub $500, and it was at that price point for months prior.