After installing my newly purchased I9 9900k windows is not booting

So In Nov. 2017 I purchased and fixed my current PC with the following specs:

CORSAIR Vengeance RGB DRAM 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600)

EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 220-G2-0850-XR 80+ GOLD 850W Fully Modular EVGA

ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming LGA 1151 (300 Series) Intel Z370 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Intel Motherboard

SAMSUNG 850 EVO M.2 2280 500GB SATA III 3D NAND Internal SSD Single Unit Version MZ-N5E500BW

4TB HDD Seagate Barracuda

Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.6 GHz (4.3 GHz Turbo) LGA 1151

In 2019 I got the 2070 Super

A few days ago I sold my I5 CPU to upgrade to I9 9900k (As I do streaming and wanted a better quality stream) after checking the MoBo compatibility I went and got it,

When I plugged it in my MoBo my BIOS detected a new CPU installed and requested to go to settings and I did (CPU was detected and had a Temp of 28c) so all was good and I did my first boot,
This is where the problem started, Right before login screen BSOD appeared with the following error: rtwlanu.sys

I tried to look for the error and couldn’t find anything (Other than its Realtek WLAN driver error), so I so someone posting a similar problem and they say when you install new CPU its always recommended to reinstall windows as some of the drivers won't work,

Did my new fresh windows installation and I had the same problem right after the first reboot and now Im stuck with the (The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error windows installation cannot)

Any idea what could be the issue, Im pretty sure it is related to the Mobo drivers but how to fix this?

Edit: The BIOS is up to date

load optimized settingg in bios. if that does work

try clearing cmos.

shut off psu power

unplug power

remove battery

hold power down power button on front i/o for 30 sec

reinstall battery

power on

Drivers will always work. Before they started working, system checks if they're proper and if anything changes in your system. It's plug and play.

If you have BSOD, it's related to hardware, not system.

You may try to use some old spare drive and test, but I recommend to check everything - cables, cards, ram etc. Reseat them and then try.

7 minutes ago, Biomecanoid said:

all of the above + update bios if there is a new one

BIOS is already up to date, but Ill try the CMOS reset

24 minutes ago, OmarJO said:

So In Nov. 2017 I purchased and fixed my current PC with the following specs:

CORSAIR Vengeance RGB DRAM 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600)

EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 220-G2-0850-XR 80+ GOLD 850W Fully Modular EVGA

ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming LGA 1151 (300 Series) Intel Z370 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Intel Motherboard

SAMSUNG 850 EVO M.2 2280 500GB SATA III 3D NAND Internal SSD Single Unit Version MZ-N5E500BW

4TB HDD Seagate Barracuda

Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.6 GHz (4.3 GHz Turbo) LGA 1151

In 2019 I got the 2070 Super

A few days ago I sold my I5 CPU to upgrade to I9 9900k (As I do streaming and wanted a better quality stream) after checking the MoBo compatibility I went and got it,

When I plugged it in my MoBo my BIOS detected a new CPU installed and requested to go to settings and I did (CPU was detected and had a Temp of 28c) so all was good and I did my first boot,
This is where the problem started, Right before login screen BSOD appeared with the following error: rtwlanu.sys

I tried to look for the error and couldn’t find anything (Other than its Realtek WLAN driver error), so I so someone posting a similar problem and they say when you install new CPU its always recommended to reinstall windows as some of the drivers won't work,

Did my new fresh windows installation and I had the same problem right after the first reboot and now Im stuck with the (The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error windows installation cannot)

Any idea what could be the issue, Im pretty sure it is related to the Mobo drivers but how to fix this?

Just a BIOS update should fix it

- Mardax

7 minutes ago, Mardax007 said:

Just a BIOS update should fix it

It was done before and after installing the CPU

11 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Drivers will always work. Before they started working, system checks if they're proper and if anything changes in your system. It's plug and play.

If you have BSOD, it's related to hardware, not system.

You may try to use some old spare drive and test, but I recommend to check everything - cables, cards, ram etc. Reseat them and then try.

The error is related to the HW drivers, later on I  recieved another error with the Mixer installed on my PC, so it seems all HW drivers have the same issue.

25 minutes ago, OmarJO said:

The error is related to the HW drivers, later on I  recieved another error with the Mixer installed on my PC, so it seems all HW drivers have the same issue.

could be faulty windows drivers that auto install. I would do one more clean full install, but keep your networking disabled/disconnected. Download all your drivers manually from another machine or this one and save them to a USB drive and install all your drivers before hooking your internet back up. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 hour ago, Skiiwee29 said:

could be faulty windows drivers that auto install. I would do one more clean full install, but keep your networking disabled/disconnected. Download all your drivers manually from another machine or this one and save them to a USB drive and install all your drivers before hooking your internet back up. 

I have no access to Windows and I did clean installation and the same error appears right after the first boot.

13 minutes ago, OmarJO said:

I have no access to Windows and I did clean installation and the same error appears right after the first boot.

That is obvious (not for everyone though), because Windows recognizes devices the same way first boot after install or boot after hardware change.

1 hour ago, OmarJO said:

Drivers are really tested, not release as beta ("please try our drivers, they may work or not"). I had bluescreens many times (on many computers I fix) and it was in 98% hardware issue. Ok, maybe once it was bad driver, but not for existing hardware (I installed some old game protection system that makes BSOD on modern PC). I had BSOD because of GPU (even if Event Viewer shows problem with CPU). I had problem with PCI soundcard (that works before for long time; re-seating that card fix problem). I had problem with ram (as many users) and even with bad CPU. But that was never drivers fault.

So I strongly recommend to check all connections. You could have move something while you replaced CPU. Checking everything again cost nothing.

• 2 years later...