Best Thermal Compound For Water-Cooling?

I don't see why people are worried about conductive thermal pastes. Are people applying thermal paste to thier CPUs while they have power to the board? Cant people just wipe and spillages off?

Its like using non-conductive water for watercooling. If its spills you're screwed either way. But people still tend to buy the non conductive coolant.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

For me Noctua NT-H1 works a treat :D, i think its none conductive too so its all good :)

I don't see why people are worried about conductive thermal pastes. Are people applying thermal paste to thier CPUs while they have power to the board? Cant people just wipe and spillages off?

Its like using non-conductive water for watercooling. If its spills you're screwed either way. But people still tend to buy the non conductive coolant.

I guess people seem to have the mind set of: "Spend more on thermal paste and have no risk to my expensive hardware if i do spill some."

When in actuality you should be using so little that its near-impossible to get any anywhere but the CPU/GPU...

Arctic Silver 5 IS an expensive paste.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Coollaboratory liquid ultra. If you look at thermal paste benchmarks it beats everything out there.

Main Rig: i5-3570k | Asrock B75M-ITX | 8gb Crucial Tactical Tracer | Mushkin 60gb SSD | Seagate Momentus XT Gen. 2 750gb | Galaxy 660 ti | Superlux HD668B | Custom Built Super SFF Case | Athena Power 400w m-itx PSU | Steelseries 6Gv/2 Red Switch | Ikari Optical | QCK Heavy |

I don't see why people are worried about conductive thermal pastes. Are people applying thermal paste to thier CPUs while they have power to the board? Cant people just wipe and spillages off? Its like using non-conductive water for watercooling. If its spills you're screwed either way. But people still tend to buy the non conductive coolant.

The reason water kills electronic components is because its conductive...

And as for you non conductive water point, there are videos of people dunking their mobo into water and allowing it to PROPERLY dry and it will still owrk, as long as you don't try powering it when wet.

[9:01:47 PM] Slick: And the award for life time acheivement in the field of "maker of the least amount of sense" goes to Kilmer.

At the risk of adding my voice to the already loud 'choir'; I'm a fan of Arctic Silver 5.