Building 1st PC: MSI B450 Mortar Max or ASRock B450 Steel Legend

Hello!

I am building my first PC very soon and can't decide which motherboard to get, I have a budget of 20K EGP (1 USD = 16 EGP) and would like to not stray too much from it.

My options are the ASRock B450 Steel Legend (the full ATX one) or the B450M Mortar Max from MSI. I know that the Steel Legend has slightly worse VRMs but this won't matter much since i'm only putting a R5 3600 and a HyperX Predator 2x8 3200 CL16 RAM kit in there (I will be OCing the ram to 3600).

Both motherboards have the same back I/O but the Steel Legend is more aesthetically pleasing to me and has 2 PCIe electrically and physically wired x16 slots, it seems like the best option considering it's also 300 EGP cheaper and brings my build to 19850 while the Mortar makes it 20150.

I don't mind paying the extra money for a better board but i was unsure about the VRMs.

Can the LTT forum help ?

Thanks.

the steel legend can take a 3700x, the mortar max a 3900x.

see if you can find a pro4. it should have the same vrms as the steel legend, while being even cheaper

Both will easily handle a 3600 

The mortar has slightly better vrm solution iirc 

But you won't be maxing out either one of them 

What is the pro 4 priced at ? 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

12 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Both will easily handle a 3600 

The mortar has slightly better vrm solution iirc 

But you won't be maxing out either one of them 

What is the pro 4 priced at ? 

15 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

the steel legend can take a 3700x, the mortar max a 3900x.

see if you can find a pro4. it should have the same vrms as the steel legend, while being even cheaper

I know that the B450 Pro4 and the Steel Legend are functionally the same motherboard but unfortunately the Pro4 isn't available in my country, in fact there is a massive B450 motherboard shortage here but thanks for the help anyways.

Recently built a system with the steel legend m, very good board and works exceptionally well for the price.

Thanks everyone ! Definitely buying it over the mortar for the cheaper pricing without much compromise