My TV speakers sounds crackly...is this normal?

mishmish

Hello all,

I just got a 50" Vizio tv yesterday, and was wondering about the speakers. This is the first tv I'v purchased (in my 33 years of life, I always had a tv turner on my laptop, then when my wife and I got married, we were given a used 32" Sony. Recently we upgraded, got the Vizio because it was a brand I recognized and the price was right, but on more of the deep bass sounds or deep voices, there is like almost a buzzing or vibrating quality to it. I messed with the audio settings a bit, and was able to help it our with the equalizer. On the equalizer presets, the bass one sounds terrible, but the 'bright' one sounded better. I messed with the settings a bit more on the equalizer, and was able to pretty much make the problem go away, but there is a tinny quality to it now. I also dont really have the volume up high, nor do I prefer it high.

I just wanted to see people thoughts about if this was normal or if its a lemon. I've been reading that tv speakers generally aren't that good, and it doesn't seem unreasonable to me that a company wants to cheap out on the speakers because that assume most users will but a separate sound system or to sell other peripherals themselves.

Anyways, just looking for some opinions, thank you!

Perfectly normal with modern TVs, theres a reason why sound bar sales have exploded in the last few years 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

38 minutes ago, mishmish said:

Anyways, just looking for some opinions, thank you!

The thinner they make them the crappier the sound. I use Logitech 2.1 PC speakers with my TV as they can connect via RCA. Mind you my TV is much older and therefore has better speakers than these new TV's. Id probably just get a sounder. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.