Zen 3 just around the corner?

Watched the ShortCircuit video about B550 mobos right now and Linus said Zen 3 is just around the corner. Now what I'm wandering is how far this corner is. I still have i5 4430 but the #studyfromhome because of covid  unwrapped the lack of power for university work. It is also bottlenecks the RX480 I have in games but that's besides the point since that's not so important to me. So thing is, I was ready to buy new computer in summer so I have time to set everything up, I really don't like to start working on some project, change PC and when I try to continue work nothing works anymore. Anyway, do we have any timeline when we can expect to hear something about Zen 3  dates? Usually it was Computex around this time but not this year. 

PC: R7 5800X, AMD RX480 4GB, 32 GB RAM, 1TB 970 EVO, 500 GB 860 EVO, 500 GB HDD, RM 750 PSU

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 510s 14":  i5 7200U, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB 860 EVO

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 4G

3 minutes ago, Sport Driver said:

Anyway, do we have any timeline when we can expect to hear something about Zen 3  dates?

Do not have any crystal ball. But late this year, or perhaps early next year.

Get a ryzen 5 3600 now with B450 tomahawk max and 16gb 3400 out 3600mhz ram and call it a day...prices are cheap on these parts right now and it's more performance than you need anyways, and it's a massive upgrade over your current stuff which you could sell online to get some money back...making. this a very cheap upgrade.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

It's supposedly going to be released q3 or q4 of this year assuming there will be no delays

If you want a system right now upgrade if you can wait then wait  

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

36 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Get a ryzen 5 3600 now with B450 tomahawk max and 16gb 3400 out 3600mhz ram and call it a day...prices are cheap on these parts right now and it's more performance than you need anyways, and it's a massive upgrade over your current stuff which you could sell online to get some money back...making. this a very cheap upgrade.

That was the initial idea yeah but since he mentioned " just around the corner" I thought I missed some news about Zen3, apparently not.

After Googling the earliest I found is late September which is doable but seems a bit optimistic to expect them on market at that time.  Thank you guys, I will be deciding for sure in about a month, still have some uni stuff to sort first. If AMD doesn't say anything more about ZEN 3 it will be 3600 build, it really is great value.

PC: R7 5800X, AMD RX480 4GB, 32 GB RAM, 1TB 970 EVO, 500 GB 860 EVO, 500 GB HDD, RM 750 PSU

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 510s 14":  i5 7200U, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB 860 EVO

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 4G