Quadro gpu comparison

Agent181

If your budget is 150 ish, get a Geforce or Radeon card, those cheap quadros are no good. Out of those two, the NVS is probably better

6 minutes ago, Daniel Z. said:

If your budget is 150 ish, get a Geforce or Radeon card, those cheap quadros are no good. Out of those two, the NVS is probably better

This system isnt for games at all strictly work so a stronger card wouldnt be needed, thats why I was looking at these.

Just now, Agent181 said:

This system isnt for games at all strictly work so a stronger card wouldnt be needed, thats why I was looking at these.

You won't be able to do much GPU work with such a weak GPU. They might be worse than some intergrated graphics

Agreed, but also context...what system is it going into?

AMD 5800x | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | 980 PRO & 970 EVO  | Trident Z Royal 32GB DDR3600  | Nvidia 4080 FE  | Corsair H100i Pro | Lian-Li 011 XL ROG | Corsair RM850x |

17 minutes ago, Agent181 said:

Which GPU would you guys say is better?

Nvidia Quadro 2000 or NVIDIA Quadro NVS 510

I am making a workstation system and I have the option of getting one or the other.  Which would be better of the two?

After doing so digging, it seems like the NVS 510 has an equivalent core to a Quadro 410, a half-enabled GK107 (192:16:8). Assuming it's clocked the same (There's no data on the NVS), the Quadro 2000 is better in nearly all aspects. The NVS series was mostly just display adapters.

Neither of these are really that great, and are rather old. Integrated graphics are likely to be better in most scenarios, and a GT 1030 would be much more performance for a similar price. (Just because it's a workstation, doesn't mean it must have a Quadro.)

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-Quadro-410-vs-Nvidia-Quadro-2000/m8121vsm7708

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

4 minutes ago, plzfix said:

Agreed, but also context...what system is it going into?

Basically I need a system strictly for VPN, zoom calls, and video record (not production but recording straight into OBS and uploading to the cloud).

I have an ASUS B450F motherboard, storage, case, but need a cpu/gpu and psu.  

The requirement I need is that it has to run 5 monitors so I was thinking of getting a APU (2200g-3400g) to use integrated graphics for 2 monitorsand picking up a low end card to run 3 other monitors.  

4 minutes ago, svmlegacy said:

After doing so digging, it seems like the NVS 510 has an equivalent core to a Quadro 410, a half-enabled GK107 (192:16:8). Assuming it's clocked the same (There's no data on the NVS), the Quadro 2000 is better in nearly all aspects. The NVS series was mostly just display adapters.

Neither of these are really that great, and are rather old. Integrated graphics are likely to be better in most scenarios, and a GT 1030 would be much more performance for a similar price. (Just because it's a workstation, doesn't mean it must have a Quadro.)

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-Quadro-410-vs-Nvidia-Quadro-2000/m8121vsm7708

Only reason why I was looking at these is because they are $20 each near me from liquidation sites due to companies closing over the quarantine.  I don't mind spending but I was wondering if they could be just enough to run extra monitors besides an APU.

1 minute ago, Agent181 said:

Only reason why I was looking at these is because they are $20 each near me from liquidation sites due to companies closing over the quarantine.  

yeah, their just not very good for OBS. 

If you can afford it try to pair with at min. something on the Zen 2 platform, like a 3100 or better yet a Ryzen 5 3600..for the video card I'd do at min. a  Radeon RX 560 or GTX 1650. 

AMD 5800x | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | 980 PRO & 970 EVO  | Trident Z Royal 32GB DDR3600  | Nvidia 4080 FE  | Corsair H100i Pro | Lian-Li 011 XL ROG | Corsair RM850x |