Looking for recommendations

Cyberspirit

So, I've given my old PC to my lil' sis a while back and she's been pretty much only been playing Sims on it and she'd like some new games. Problem is, I'm not quite sure what to get. She doesn't really knows what she'd like plus, the PC doesn't have a GPU, it just uses the 6600k's integrated graphics so I'm having a difficult time figuring out what would be good.

I'm planning on getting a GPU for her someday but I'll only be able to do that when things aren't so uncertain with work and all that.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

get a second hand card like the 1070 is now normally under £200. plus will go well with the cpu

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Microphone Blue Yeti Black

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

9 minutes ago, Acid Panda said:

the gpu

u probs mean cpu

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

2 hours ago, Cyberspirit said:

...she'd like some new games. Problem is, I'm not quite sure what to get. She doesn't really knows what she'd like plus, the PC doesn't have a GPU, it just uses the 6600k's integrated graphics so I'm having a difficult time figuring out what would be good.

Hm. What kinda games is your sister into? RPGs, simulators, RTSes, FPSes?

• PC Building Simulator would be an easy one to get into, should be playable if graphics are set to low settings. Currently discounted on Steam, standard game available for $11.99 (40% off). The blasted game hardly ever goes on sale, too. *quiet grumbling*
  • HEARTBEAT is a very cute RPG -- cute in aesthetics, characters, and story. Incredibly easy to get into too. What I loved most about it was that every annoying element I found in other RPGs was almost nonexistent in this one: Backtracking? There are shortcuts. That ONE elusive collectible you can't ever find? You'll know exactly which collectible it is, and which area to find it in. Useless companions? Every companion is useful, both in combat and out in the field, and every one has their own quirky personalities. Also, the story made me cry. 😳
  • Stardew Valley is something akin to Harvest Moon, a farming simulator with date-able townsfolk and optional dungeon-crawling things. Note: not sure if I'd call it kid-friendly, game content does depict alcohol and smoking. Very addictive game.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

Assuming it has a decent PSU i'd probably look at something like a used 1070 or 1080, or maybe a VEGA 56 or 64. On the cheaper end you could also look for a used RX 580 and I've recently seen quite a few deals on used r9 290/290x (a bit slower than the RX 580) for less than 100$, however they are basically room heater and they're older cards that were somewhat popular for mining so they might not be in the best condition.

If the PC doesn't have a decent PSU/no VGA power connectors at all, and you just want something that can kind of play games a used 750 Ti could be an option, especially since she doesn't really know what games she wants to play.

At any rate I wouldn't buy a new card right now, seeing as RDNA 2 and Ampere are right around the corner. Then again the 6600k is also starting to struggle in some modern games, which is probably not gonna get better given that the next gen consoles are gonna have some pretty kickass CPUs, so a new GPU would probably not make sense for the system anyway, especially given that you're on an uncertain budget.

As for games, really depends on what genres she likes. 

Being a big fan of RPGs I would probably recommend games like Disco Elysium, or Pillars of Eternity, they should run on the IGPU
There are also some pretty cool Strategy games that rely heavily on single core CPU performance and don't really care about GPU power.
If she's looking for shooters, or open world action games she'll probably be stuck with older games or E-sports titles.

PC:    CPU: Threadripper 2950x @4.25Ghz  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 SLI   I   COOLING: Noctua NH-U14S TR4-SP3   I   RAM: 32GB 3200Mhz   I   

SSD: 2.5TB NVME; 1.5TB SATA   I   HDD: 12TB (3x4TB WD) I   PSU: Bequiet Straight Power 11 1000W   I    Case: Cooler Master H500 Mesh

20 hours ago, Kanna said:

u probs mean cpu

yep thanks

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Microphone Blue Yeti Black

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.