RX 5700 XT

ivelezv4

System Specs 

PSU : Gamemax 600W Semi Modular 80+ RGB

MOBO: Gigabyte B360M DS3H

CPU: Intel Core i7- 8700

GPU: Raedon RX 5700 XT 

So...... One night, i was gaming... I was finished, then i turn off my computer like any other night.... The next morning i go to boot up my computer and i get a black screen.... Basically my computer boots on perfectly, my integrated graphics work just fine..... But when i turn on my PC, the GPU lights turn on and the fan turns on but MY COMPUTER DOESNT READ THE CARD AT ALL. Cant even find it in device manager or anything. After it stopped working, I got it to work like 2 times after but it was kinda random... It was basically me taking out the GPU and resetting cmos and using DDU to uninstall drivers... When i got it to work again i played and then after i was done playing, i would turn it off... and everytime i turn it off it stops... Now i havent got it to work in awhie. BTW I literally just bought a new PSU because i thought that was the problem but i was wrong...

what ive tried:

*Updating Bios

*Resetting CMOS

*Turning off integrated graphics

*cleaning the card physically

*Tried other monitors

PLZ HERLPP <3

2 minutes ago, ivelezv4 said:

PSU : Gamemax 600W Semi Modular 80+ RGB

Found the problem. This is a SUPER cheap and shit quality power supply. Wouldn't be surprised if it fed a lot of voltage and damaged the card. RMA the GPU and get a proper power supply before you kill more hardware with that

That's impossible...i keep reading that issues with radeon 5700XT were fixed long ago and that everything is fine now @5x5

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Did you try to put it in another pcie slot ?  

I don't think it would be that but did you try other port on the card/monitor ?

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD

Just now, i_build_nanosuits said:

That's impossible...i keep reading that issues with radeon 5700XT were fixed long ago and that everything is fine now @5x5

They are. I'm willing to bet money that power supply fed 15 volts directly into the VRMs of the card and shot them.

try the card in another system if possible...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

On 6/6/2020 at 6:16 PM, 5x5 said:

They are. I'm willing to bet money that power supply fed 15 volts directly into the VRMs of the card and shot them.

Well that's the new power supply i just bought actually, the problem started before this power supply.... my older power supply was EVGA bronze 500w or something like that...... 

My confusion is that , after the first time the problem happened.. i fixed it and the card worked for a whole gaming session, the problem reoccurred once i turned my PC off and i turned it back on to play the next day.

On 6/6/2020 at 6:15 PM, Dr0y said:

Did you try to put it in another pcie slot ?  

I don't think it would be that but did you try other port on the card/monitor ?

I have a micro ATX Mobo and its a big card so it only fits in one

5 minutes ago, ivelezv4 said:

Well that's the new power supply i just bought actually, the problem started before this power supply.... my older power supply was EVGA bronze 500w or something like that...... 

My confusion is that , after the first time the problem happened.. i fixed it and the card worked for a whole gaming session, the problem reoccurred once i turned my PC off and i turned it back on to play the next day.

You somehow managed to go from bad to worse. I'd say go to a service centre ans ask them to test each component to see what the power supplies have killed and what is still usable.