Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
f2bacon

Running android on raspberry pi 4

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I got a raspberry pi 4 with the intention of running android on it so I could use it like a streamdeck with many added features. Using apps like deckboard, lioranboard, and even using the twitch app to give myself a viewer. I just wanted to stop using my phone all the time I stream on twitch.
I'm very familiar with android and custom roms. I've used custom roms on my phone for over 10 years now.
I absolutely cannot get lineage 16 to boot. I get the boot logo but it won't boot. Is there no better way to get android on a raspberry pi 4?? So many videos show that it's as easy as just flash the .img to an sd card and it just won't work for me and it doesn't seem like anyone else has the same issues I do. Does anyone have any ideas on other android installations or ways to get lineage 16 working?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ia the sd card formatted properly?

 

What version of the pi4?

 

Whare did you get the rom?

 

How old is the ad card?

 

 

Also you can run ubuntu or manjaro which has programs that can do what your looking for.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

Ia the sd card formatted properly?

What version of the pi4?

Whare did you get the rom?

How old is the ad card?

Also you can run ubuntu or manjaro which has programs that can do what your looking for.

It's definitely formatted properly, I've tried all the different imaging programs.
pi 4 B, this one specifically https://amzn.to/2TZQW11 it was previously running pi os without issue.
i got the rom from https://konstakang.com/devices/rpi4/LineageOS16.0/ it seems like a majority of people haven't had issues with it.
i've tried 3 different sd cards. the one ive been using since christmas, and 2 samsung 128gb cards. no luck.
I have little-to-no experience with ubuntu and honestly I probably would've been better off just getting some junk android tablet then trying to get someone to hold my hand through learning ubuntu

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, f2bacon said:

It's definitely formatted properly, I've tried all the different imaging programs.
pi 4 B, this one specifically https://amzn.to/2TZQW11 it was previously running pi os without issue.
i got the rom from https://konstakang.com/devices/rpi4/LineageOS16.0/ it seems like a majority of people haven't had issues with it.
i've tried 3 different sd cards. the one ive been using since christmas, and 2 samsung 128gb cards. no luck.
I have little-to-no experience with ubuntu and honestly I probably would've been better off just getting some junk android tablet then trying to get someone to hold my hand through learning ubuntu

Follow this https://youtu.be/QSgf_-EwfrQ 

 

Tell me whare you get stuck exactly. Do you have a good psu? For a moment the pi 4 might draw a lot of power. Use your tv, that might help. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

Follow this https://youtu.be/QSgf_-EwfrQ 

 

Tell me whare you get stuck exactly. Do you have a good psu? For a moment the pi 4 might draw a lot of power. Use your tv, that might help. 

That's the exact video I followed. 5:14 instead of the bootlogo finishing and it booting into lineage, it turns off and starts the bootlogo again.
The power cable included in the kit worked fine for 6 months with pi os, I sorta doubt that's the issue now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Could it be that all the SD card you've tried, is more than 32GB in size?

Because SD cards larger than 32GB is usually formatted with the exFAT filesystem, which the Raspberry pi bootloader doesn't support.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Mortenrb said:

Could it be that all the SD card you've tried, is more than 32GB in size?

Because SD cards larger than 32GB is usually formatted with the exFAT filesystem, which the Raspberry pi bootloader doesn't support.

The main one I use is a sandisk 32gb. Had no issue with pi os, and has no issue getting up to the bootlogo.
My 2 spare cards are 128gb and give the exact same results.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

I'm going to try pi os on the sd card to make sure that works, and I'll try putting lineage on a 16gb flash drive I have

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Looks like nothing is working, I must've borked something going from the noobs installation of pi os to lineage. I can't get anything to boot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, f2bacon said:

Looks like nothing is working, I must've borked something going from the noobs installation of pi os to lineage. I can't get anything to boot.

Try the USB boot, might be a bit more complex but worth a shot. 

 

Quote

Guide for USB boot. Update eeprom to the version which support USB boot. Flash lineageOS.img to ssd or usb drive. Download https://github.com/raspberr... and https://github.com/raspberr... and https://mega.nz/file/gUYAQY... (only works with lineageOS from 12.2.2020) place those 3 files in a boot partition replacing old files.

 

https://konstakang.com/devices/rpi4/LineageOS16.0/

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
21 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

Try the USB boot, might be a bit more complex but worth a shot. 

So I tried replacing those 3 files on the sd card, no luck.

Updated eeprom with this https://github.com/raspberrypi/rpi-eeprom/blob/master/releases.md
and did all the outlined steps, the usb drive does the same thing. boot logo til it turns off and tries to boot again.

after letting it go for about half an hour, it finally gets past the bootlogo and shows the first screen where i can click "next" and then it crashed. another time it gave me "system ui has force closed"

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2020 at 12:55 PM, f2bacon said:

So I tried replacing those 3 files on the sd card, no luck.

Updated eeprom with this https://github.com/raspberrypi/rpi-eeprom/blob/master/releases.md
and did all the outlined steps, the usb drive does the same thing. boot logo til it turns off and tries to boot again.

after letting it go for about half an hour, it finally gets past the bootlogo and shows the first screen where i can click "next" and then it crashed. another time it gave me "system ui has force closed"

tough luck, something is screwing up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×