Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
REETKID22

My pc won’t install windows

Posted · Original PosterOP

My pc won’t install windows or Linux. As soon as I boot to the usb the blue windows logo appears with a black background, and for a fraction of a second i see the loading ring start to load then stop and it either reboots or blue screenes every time. The usb is correct and I tried it on a different pc before and it booted fine. I also tried putting in a drive that already has windows and it does the same thing. Can someone help. I have a 3800x a gigabyte x570 gaming x mobo an old Radeon card a Intel 600p 128 gig nvme ssd. 

This sounds like a hardware issuse with one of your components.

Try using only one stick of ram at a time, unplugging anything that is not bare necessity, remounting the SSD and CPU, etc.

If you can't find the problem you'll have to start swapping components and solve it with trial and error.

My sound system costs more than my PC.        Check out my S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Intel i7 4790k | AMD Vega 64 | ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB | NZXT S340 | Seasonic Platinum 760 | modded H100i | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | 2x Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | WD Red 4TB Samsung 58" 4k TV | 2x Behringer NEKKST K8 | BIC Acoustech H-100II | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Also I got it to boot to free dos off usb no problem and it has no issues there. I don’t know if that is helpful. 

An amd Radeon Carr. It’s pretty old.

1GB Dell VVYN4 AMD Radeon HD7470 DVI DP PCI-Express x16 Video Card

Free dos has not so big requirements. I think it's ram. It also can be GPU. But, please, made some tests before asking new questions.