Can anyone help?

howlader

Hi everyone

I have a bit of a predicament and needed some assistants please. So basically i have a laptop, and somewhat old monitor. The monitor only consist of cable for sound and power. and a VGA cable. I brought an adapter for the VGA cable which allows a USBC on the other end. So i can plug my VGA cable into my adapter, then plugging my adapter (USBC) into my laptop. Know, whatever my laptop displays is also shown on the monitor. However I want two screens doing two different things, for instance if i have a tab open on my laptop it'll show on the monitor also. But i want that tab to stay open on the monitor while i have a different tab open up on my laptop. I know they're connected but is there a way where i can have two different tabs or videos open without the screen changing even though they're Both interlinked? 

In display settings see if it is set up in mirrored or extended. Mirrored is where it shows the same thing on both displays, so you'll want it on extended.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

Windows+P.

That's the shortcut for the screen settings you're looking for. Set it to 'extend'.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

After i click extend it does show the monitor home page and a whole new screen. however, when i click on chrome or files, ir appears on my laptop and not the monitor. it simply stays on the display on the monitor, all actions are shown on my laptop