Putting tape on memory pins

I want to have fake memory in two slots. Could I put tape over the pads on the module to restrict it from being used but still clipped into the slot? The memory being used are dominator platinums.

Just now, Apollo 16 said:

I want to have fake memory in two slots. Could I put tape over the pads on the module to restrict it from being used but still clipped into the slot? The memory being used are dominator platinums.

It probably won't fit 

If you want something like a dummy stick gigabyte has something like this 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

11 minutes ago, Apollo 16 said:

I have to ask, why?

Plus the only tape that might be safe is kapton tape, and I still think its a terrible idea as RAM slots are REALLY tight for a reason, you risk damaging them.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

I have a specific design to my computer and only using two would ruin the whole look. Would there be any other way at to put in memory without it working?

9 minutes ago, Apollo 16 said:

I have a specific design to my computer and only using two would ruin the whole look. Would there be any other way at to put in memory without it working?

Just get a auros kit that comes with two sticky dummy sticks if you really really need the looks

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

No, no I need to use the same modules to keep the Corsair design. I just want to know if there is any way at all I can put in two modules without working.

6 minutes ago, Apollo 16 said:

No, no I need to use the same modules to keep the Corsair design. I just want to know if there is any way at all I can put in two modules without working.

No there is no way without ruining either the mobo or the ram 

Also please quote people so they can see your reply

Build Log: 

8 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

No there is no way without ruining either the mobo or the ram 

Also please quote people so they can see your reply

Sorry I was on mobile. Another idea I had was taking off the heatsink of the dominator platinum and putting it on a completely blank memory pcb. Again, would that work or damage anything? 

4 hours ago, Apollo 16 said:

Sorry I was on mobile. Another idea I had was taking off the heatsink of the dominator platinum and putting it on a completely blank memory pcb. Again, would that work or damage anything? 

If the pcb did not have the shape of a ddr4 dim you could damage the slot

You need something that has the size of a 288 pin slot and has the little off centered spot on it

Build Log: