IM new to pc building, would like some help, does this build makes sense, any recommendations?

Budget (including currency): it's around 1000 dolars

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: gaming and uno, stuff 

HI, First , thank you for any help you can give me :), im building this pc for a friend as a gift, and although i know about pc, i have never build with AMD so if Someone could plsTell me if this build makes Sense I would be very thankfull or if there are parts that dont go together, or are very overkill. keep in mind that it's a midium budget build, and i have already manually check that infact the parts do go together and kind of make sense even so i would really appreciate your advise in any way, the specs are: 

Cpu :Amd Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 Ghz 6-Core Processor
Cpu Cooler: Cryorig H7 49 Cfm Cpu Cooler (with AMD adapter)
Motherboard: Msi X470 Gaming Plus Max Atx Am4 
Memory(Ram): Team T-Force Vulcan Z 16 Gb (2 X 8 Gb) Ddr4-3200 Memory

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1 Tb 3.5" 7200rpm Internal Hard Drive
Solid State: Crucial Mx500 250 Gb 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: Gigabyte Geforce Gtx 1060 3gb 3 Gb Windforce Oc Video Card
-Case-Corsair      Spec-04 Atx Mid Tower Case
Power supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Again, thank you very much for any comments , have a nice day and stay safe in cuarantine.

:)

A B450 board will do, and they're generally cheaper.

Don't need the 3rd party cooler

I'd get a larger SSD if possible

1060 3GB isn't worth it. Get something like a 1660 super

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Just now, Slottr said:

A B450 board will do, and they're generally cheaper.

Don't need the 3rd party cooler

I'd get a larger SSD if possible

1060 3GB isn't worth it. Get something like a 1660 super

Thank you very much, the 1060 it's an old graphics card of mine, that's the reason for the gift build because it drives the price down, I will for sure look for a B450 board :) why it's the 3 Rd party cooler not with it ? Isn't all the stock cooler kind of shitty? If you don't mind me asking 

No, AMD has bundled very good air coolers, called the Wraith.

Some Ryzen 5s come with a Wraith cooler, check to see.

I agree on the B450 board. There are some great boards out there.

Good luck!

In a world full of people, only some want to fly. Isn't that crazy?

2 minutes ago, MaverickBNA said:

No, AMD has bundled very good air coolers, called the Wraith.

Some Ryzen 5s come with a Wraith cooler, check to see.

I agree on the B450 board. There are some great boards out there.

Good luck!

Thank you very much :)

This is actually a very good build. There are only a few things I would change.

• Instead of getting an SSD+HDD, just get a bigger SSD. They're cheap now, you can get a 1TB for under $100 instead of that combo you have.
  • Instead of a GTX 1060 3GB - which is really not a good card anymore - try to shoot for an RX 5700 xt. If needed, take the money out of your CPU budget by getting an Ryzen 3 3300x instead. 
    • Keepin in mind you can still use a B450 board, but most of them will need a BIOS update prior. The solution is to buy your motherboard in store at a place like microcenter in a bundle with your CPU - they'll give you a serious $20 off, and they'll even update the BIOS for you if needed.
  • This is just me, but I really don't like the SPEC-04. It's not that easy to build in, looks tacky and cheap with the coloured plastic and acrylic side panel, and the front panel mesh just gets covered with dust and makes it look disgusting. At that budget I just greatly prefer the NZXT H510 and the Corsair 175R RGB, both of which have tempered glass, are easier to build in, have way better cable management, and don't have so much mesh and won't get as disgusting.

8 minutes ago, Dawizzard said:

Thank you very much, the 1060 it's an old graphics card of mine, that's the reason for the gift build because it drives the price down, I will for sure look for a B450 board :) why it's the 3 Rd party cooler not with it ? Isn't all the stock cooler kind of shitty? If you don't mind me asking 

Actually, the stock cooler isn't bad. It'll sustain the stock boost clock within reasonable temperatures, and people have even overclocked their chips successfully with it. With a B450 board, I wouldn't recommend pushing more than a conservative overclock anyway, at which point the temperature benefits of an aftermarket cooler won't be as great...

We've come a long way since the days of the dinky Intel stock cooler...

I hate those dinky Intel stock coolers... (I have one and hate it!)

In a world full of people, only some want to fly. Isn't that crazy?

3 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Actually, the stock cooler isn't bad. It'll sustain the stock boost clock within reasonable temperatures, and people have even overclocked their chips successfully with it. With a B450 board, I wouldn't recommend pushing more than a conservative overclock anyway, at which point the temperature benefits of an aftermarket cooler won't be as great...

We've come a long way since the days of the dinky Intel stock cooler...

Thanks I will for sure look inte the other cases and see if I can scrape the money for the gráfica card, although I have no idea in Radeon cards I will take your word for it, thank you very much