organizing files

iap

which is the best way to organise files. default windows folders(document,picture,video) or separate partitions(like D,E,F drives).

Depends. In my laptop I just have one drive so I just have my C drive, but I name my own folders. So I have a Games Folder, Audiobooks, Music, Movies, TV shows. Anything I need a folder for. But in my desktops I have about 4 drives adding up to about 4 Tb. so each one gets its own drive letter and name for each purpose. I have one drive dedicated to games, one dedicated to Media (Music, Audiobooks, Ebooks, TV, Movie, Anime) and one for backup and one for boot.

Spoiler

i7-6700k OC'd 4.5Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1070 SC

Partitioning will reduce the drive space you can realistically use, and there's no real benefit. You can make your own folders if you don't like the default Windows libraries.

Back in the day I used to have a system partition and a storage partition for quick and easy windows wipes/reinstalls, but nowadays that's not needed nearly as often, and you're supposed to have backups anyway

As @Yebi says. Two partitions may have sense if you have large boot drive and want to image your system partition - then image will remain small compared to whole drive. But other than that I recommend to create your own folders for files you want to keep. It's most of the time easier than using users default folders and faster if you're power user and want, for example, go directly to any folder without using mouse. It's also good habit to use your own directories - when you'll install second drive, it will be easier to browse it the same way by using drive letter and folder name. It's really hard for me to explain, but believe me - less problems, more control and no surprises (like 1809 that delete files from users folders).