Should I be overclocking on an A320 board?

I have an ASUS Prime A320M-K motherboard and I am able to overclock the CPU via this utility called AI Suite 3. When I give a minor overclock, my temps for everything are in the 60s (with load, of course). So should I remove the overclock or keep it?

5 minutes ago, like_21_ninjas said:

I have an ASUS Prime A320M-K motherboard and I am able to overclock the CPU via this utility called AI Suite 3. When I give a minor overclock, my temps for everything are in the 60s (with load, of course). So should I remove the overclock or keep it?

I don't know what software you used 

But from my understanding you can't over clock at all with that board 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

Somehow, I am able to even though I shouldn't be able to. It's a software provided by ASUS. So you reckon I should keep the overclock or not?

A320 boards are not made for overclocking (they don't even support it normally). In fact, they're not intended for even stock speeds on anything over a 4-core APU.

I wouldn't try it personally.

Edited by Mateyyy

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Just now, Mateyyy said:

A320 boards are not made for overclocking (they don't even support it normally). In fact, they're barely made for even stock speeds on anything over a 4-core APU.

Temps are fine though. Isn't it mainly about the temp of the VRMs on the mobo or something?

2 minutes ago, like_21_ninjas said:

Somehow, I am able to even though I shouldn't be able to. It's a software provided by ASUS. So you reckon I should keep the overclock or not?

I recommend removing the oc because most a320 boards have  a 4 or even a 2 phase power delivery 

And that is BAD , so the board probably can't handle it 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

im pretty sure you could do a VERY minor overclock  with some sort of program, (not through BIOS since it isnt 100% supported). I got a asrock a320m-hdv r3.0 myself and in its BIOS i can change the cpu voltage AND speed. I dont know yet if it fully works or not since i havent thought of it before.

Just now, DankDeuxez said:

im pretty sure you could do a VERY minor overclock  with some sort of program, (not through BIOS since it isnt 100% supported). I got a asrock a320m-hdv r3.0 myself and in its BIOS i can change the cpu voltage AND speed. I dont know yet if it fully works or not since i havent thought of it before.

Still wouldn't recommend it since most a320 boards simply aren't made for such thing 

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, Mateyyy said:

A320 boards are not made for overclocking (they don't even support it normally). In fact, they're not made for even stock speeds on anything over a 4-core APU.

i got a a320m-hdv r3.0 mobo with a ryzen 5 1600AF and it seems to be working fine so far. But im guessing a new B350/450 mobo should do me better. Probably gon wait for the b550 and hopefully a price drop in the "lower" tier mobos.

11 minutes ago, like_21_ninjas said:

Temps are fine though. Isn't it mainly about the temp of the VRMs on the mobo or something?

Yes, the VRMs is what I was referring to when I said that A320 isn't intended for overclocking. And overheating VRMs are not "fine". Dead VRMs can take your CPU with them in some cases.

11 minutes ago, DankDeuxez said:

i got a a320m-hdv r3.0 mobo with a ryzen 5 1600AF and it seems to be working fine so far. But im guessing a new B350/450 mobo should do me better. Probably gon wait for the b550 and hopefully a price drop in the "lower" tier mobos.

I'd wait for B550 and get one when you've got the money for it, for support for Ryzen 4000. You might see higher boost clocks on the CPU with a better board.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC