Hello guys.

I've had my system for almost 5-6 months, and I've thought about buying a second graphics card to run in SLI.

The problem is, that I have GTX Titan, and I don't want to spend so much money on one more..

Is it possible to put another graphics card (Like 780ti) in the same machine, and have them run SLI?

Or is there anyone with a suggestion for what I can do?

no

titan with titan

the new titan won't work either

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Nope. It won't work.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

SLI Titan, is just a mega overkill. What are you doing with one Titan, and why upgrade.

o_O... You have a Titan? Gimmmmmmiieeeeee

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

Can we make a rule that forces those who don't appreciate their PC parts must relinquish them to those that will?

Because I really want a titan. 

Hehe, believe me, its a waste of money if you're not gonna use the 6 gigs of ram in it :)

Its not the ulimate gaming card - Buy a 780 or 780ti instead.. Its a lot better compared to the price of a Titan xD

Why aren't you happy with your Titan? Is it not fast enough for you?

Why aren't you happy with your Titan? Is it not fast enough for you?

Well, its running at about 100-120 fps in Battlefield 4 - which is awesome.

But it gets really hot, and i need to turn the fan to 100% to keep it under 80 degrees.. Its really loud - even with headphones on

Immediately sell the Titan while the Titan Blacks are still out of stock, and then buy a pair of GTX 780.

I dont think i can get that much for my Titan... :/ But i can try

But it gets really hot, and i need to turn the fan to 100% to keep it under 80 degrees.. Its really loud - even with headphones on

I dont think i can get that much for my Titan... :/ But i can try

Personally I can't see why you want to add another, you are saying that 1 of them is achieving great performance for you, and secondly it makes too much noise for you.

Adding another card is going to increase the amoint of noise, if the card is overclocked why not fall back on the speed a bit and adjust the fan and temperature limit to around 70C and kill off some of the fan RPM?

Improving airflow in your case is going to help with the temp/noise situation as well unless high ambient temp is your issue.

If you want to spend some cash and you want to make the PC quieter, consider sticking a waterblock on the Titan and installing a water loop. :)

Hehe, believe me, its a waste of money if you're not gonna use the 6 gigs of ram in it :)

Its not the ulimate gaming card - Buy a 780 or 780ti instead.. Its a lot better compared to the price of a Titan xD

Let me rephrase that.

I really want a free titan. :P

Let me rephrase that.

I really want a free titan.  :P

I second this motion.

If lower temps and noise is the real reson behind your post, then just try some better cooling. Increase your case's airflow or install something like a Prolimatech MK 26 on it. Maybe a NZXT Kraken G10 is an option, or go full liquid.

who cares...

Sell the titan and get dual 780ti with some sort of Asus or gigabyte cooling

Personally I can't see why you want to add another, you are saying that 1 of them is achieving great performance for you, and secondly it makes too much noise for you.

Adding another card is going to increase the amoint of noise, if the card is overclocked why not fall back on the speed a bit and adjust the fan and temperature limit to around 70C and kill off some of the fan RPM?

Improving airflow in your case is going to help with the temp/noise situation as well unless high ambient temp is your issue.

If you want to spend some cash and you want to make the PC quieter, consider sticking a waterblock on the Titan and installing a water loop. :)

Well, having a Titan makes it almost impossible for me to upgrade in the future. If i had like 1 780ti, then i could upgrade "cheaper"...

The Titan does not perform as good as you think. The 780 does almost perform as much as the titan. And you'll never use the 6Gigs of ram the Titan has......

whyy dont you cap it at 60 fps so its not over working it self? if you have a 60 hertz monitor having 120 frames is pointless

The Beast [Case -  Corsair 750D CPU - I5 4670k @ 4.3ghz 1.2V CPU cooler - Hyper 212 evo Mobo - MSI g45 z87 RAM - G.Skill Z series 4*4@1866mhz GPU - Gigabyte windforce 3x r9 290 Storage - SSD, samsung 840 evo 120gb HDD, Western Digital Blue 1tb PSU - SilverStone Strider silver 80+ 750WPeripherals [Monitor - ASUS VS239 IPS 23" Keyboard - Corsair K95 Mouse - Mad Catz RAT 7]

whyy dont you cap it at 60 fps so its not over working it self? if you have a 60 hertz monitor having 120 frames is pointless

I have a 144hz monitor ;3