New System Underperforming

Yagai

Hello,

as the title says, the system I built 2 weeks ago seems to be underperforming. It has a Ryzen 1600 AF, a RX 570 and 2666mhz dual channel 16GB ram. I watched a lot of videos and the FPS in games like Assassin's Crees Origins should be over 50, while I am just getting 30-40, making the game unplayable. In other games, like League of Legends, the FPS drop under 100 (which shouldn't happen because League isn't a heavy game). Are there some settings that have to be done to the System so I get full performance? 

Thanks for your help in advance!

It would help if you could post the information on the motherboard.  If the system is only two weeks old, are you using an ssd or a regular old style hard-drive?  The more information that you can provide, the better we can make an informed thought about what might be going on.  What about the monitor?  Information on that might help too.

you hyped the system up too much while building it and now you've given the poor thing performance anxiety. 

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

11 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

It would help if you could post the information on the motherboard.  If the system is only two weeks old, are you using an ssd or a regular old style hard-drive?  The more information that you can provide, the better we can make an informed thought about what might be going on.  What about the monitor?  Information on that might help too.

I have a MSI B450 Pro-VDH Max. The system is installed on a SSD and the games on a regular hard drive. I use an old 60hz monitor.

9 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

gotcha drivers installed?

Just the Adrenalin Drivers for the Graphics Card. Any other I need?

9 minutes ago, VioDuskar said:

you hyped the system up too much while building it and now you've given the poor thing performance 

I did hype it up tho

Since the system is new, did you check to see if there was an updated BIOS available from MSI?

About that, I was scared to update the BIOS because I read that the CPU of some people wasn't recognized anymore. Also, does a BIOS Update improve performance tho?

Thanks for your efforts.

24 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

From what I can see on the MSI website, there is a new bios dated just a couple of days ago.

Version
7A38vB5
Release Date
2020-04-24

About that, I was scared to update the BIOS because I read that the CPU of some people wasn't recognized anymore. Also, does a BIOS Update improve performance tho?

Thanks for your efforts.

Updating the BIOS can affect several different things, performance being just one of them.  To find out exactly what this particular update does, you would have to read the specifics of the update on the website.  Some people say to not update the BIOS if everything is working okay, but that is not my thoughts on that.  I tend to think that updating the BIOS is a good thing because it brings your machine up-to-date with current technologies.  Whatever you do is really up to you to decide, but if it were me, I would do the update.

Just follow the directions to perform the update and you will do just fine.