2080 ti not working in sli

Jesus Christ

I bought a second 2080 ti to pair with my current one(they are both founders edition), when I take one out, my system works properly, what’s going on, neither are faulty either, I tested them both, but when I put both in, no post. My motherboard supports sli as well and my psu is 1200w which should be more than enough so idk what’s going on

whoa. no post? test each separately? did you put the SLI bridge on? 

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Everything is done correctly just no post when they are both in

You forgot to mention whether or not you put in the SLI bridge.  It won't work without the bridge.

Just now, kb5zue said:

You forgot to mention whether or not you put in the SLI bridge.  It won't work without the bridge.

I’m not an idiot I put the bridge on

3 minutes ago, Jesus Christ said:

I’m not an idiot I put the bridge on

If you read my post, I never said you were an idiot.  But if the shoe fits........

1 minute ago, kb5zue said:

If you read my post, I never said you were an idiot.  But if the shoe fits........

Ok sorry I was rude but the bridge is on and I’m not sure why it isn’t working

Is there anything in the BIOS that could affect the output of the dual cards?  Other than the SLI bridge, the only thing I can think of is something in the BIOS.

did you test the new one by itself? 

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

4 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

Is there anything in the BIOS that could affect the output of the dual cards?  Other than the SLI bridge, the only thing I can think of is something in the BIOS.

I’ve never changed anything in my bios (except enabling xmp) maybe asus’ website or my motherboards manual says something about sli

3 minutes ago, VioDuskar said:

did you test the new one by itself? 

Yes, it works by itself.

49 minutes ago, Jesus Christ said:

I bought a second 2080 ti to pair with my current one(they are both founders edition), when I take one out, my system works properly, what’s going on, neither are faulty either, I tested them both, but when I put both in, no post. My motherboard supports sli as well and my psu is 1200w which should be more than enough so idk what’s going on

What's your motherboard, and have you tried both without the sli bridge?

Also, have you tried booting with only a single card in the second slot? Maybe the slot itself is faulty. 

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

8 minutes ago, igormp said:

What's your motherboard, and have you tried both without the sli bridge?

Also, have you tried booting with only a single card in the second slot? Maybe the slot itself is faulty. 

Motherboard is an asus zenith II extreme alpha, and the first slot can’t be faulty since my first 2080 ti was in it before I got the second one

14 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

What PSU?  Stating the wattage doesn't tell us quality.   Also, did you check the bios to see if any lanes were disabled?   What motherboard?   Did you check them alone in each pcie slot or when you did the sole gpu test did you do it in both slots?

I know both slots work because I tested the second Slot with one of my 2080 tis. Psu is an evga p2 1200w

Looks like it's a known problem. Is your bios updated? Also, a guy in that reddit thread linked this bios. Not sure if it's safe or if it's even going to work, but you can try that as a plan b.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

Remove the drivers via DDU, then install them again.

It doesn't even post with both cards in, drivers aren't gonna help...

Looks like known BIOS issue on that particular mobo.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

2 hours ago, Kilrah said:

It doesn't even post with both cards in, drivers aren't gonna help...

Looks like known BIOS issue on that particular mobo.

Oops. Skipped over that part. Yeah. This has been an issue with both the Z1 and Z2.

I see some are using a beta BIOS to get around it.

Just curious, I don't care at all since it's your money to spend on whatever you want. But why SLi'ing 2080Ti?

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280