I need help with my GTX 1060!

Hey guys! I hooked up my GTX 1060 to my laptop through an exp gdc beast but none of the fans spin when i turn on the power supply and nothing is working. It can't be the fault of my power supply because its a 550watt which is enough strenght for a GTX 1060. Does anyone have ideas? Could it be that the exp gdc is broken?

7 minutes ago, budgethobo said:

Hey guys! I hooked up my GTX 1060 to my laptop through an exp gdc beast but none of the fans spin when i turn on the power supply and nothing is working. It can't be the fault of my power supply because its a 550watt which is enough strenght for a GTX 1060. Does anyone have ideas? Could it be that the exp gdc is broken?

Which laptop do you have?

19 minutes ago, Manimus said:

Which laptop do you have?

An ASUS Vivobook X542UN, i5 8th gen processor and an mx150

maybe try an different pcie port closer to the cpu and check if The 1060 is showing up in device manager if yes Try disabling your mx150

Edit: i think You have to use an external monitor if you want to use the 1060

2 hours ago, Manimus said:

maybe try an different pcie port closer to the cpu and check if The 1060 is showing up in device manager if yes Try disabling your mx150

Edit: i think You have to use an external monitor if you want to use the 1060

it dosnt show up in device manager and i dont have a second pcie slot. Neither do i a have an external monitor right now but good idea! thanks