Can i upgrade this PC for gaming?

Paul499

Is this the pc you have now?

First you we need to know what 500w psu that is. Without knowing that we do not know if it's a good or bad unit and that will decide if it has to be replaced or not before you can put a gpu in your system.

3 minutes ago, Paul499 said:

IMG-20200330-WA0012.jpg

You could just slap up to a mid range gpu in it and it should be pretty decent, 8400 is pretty good. 8gb is the bare minumum nowadays but still enough for many games. That would be the next thing to upgrade, 2400 is also pretty slow for ddr4

what's your budget? i'd get a 1650 super or 1660 super (depending on the budget) and another 8gb ram stick and you should be good to go.

Just now, boggy77 said:

what's your budget? i'd get a 1650 super or 1660 super (depending on the budget) and another 8gb ram stick and you should be good to go.

I'd say about 300€

10 minutes ago, whiteboi420 said:

You could just slap up to a mid range gpu in it and it should be pretty decent, 8400 is pretty good. 8gb is the bare minumum nowadays but still enough for many games. That would be the next thing to upgrade, 2400 is also pretty slow for ddr4

But that depends by the GPU tight? If i change the GPU i also resolve the 2400 hz issue?

1 minute ago, Paul499 said:

But that depends by the GPU tight? If i change the GPU i also resolve the 2400 hz issue?

2400mhz ram is totally fine with intel. However could you please post the model of the 500w psu? For 300€ you can get a lot of good cards but we'd need to know your psu first.

20 minutes ago, jaslion said:

2400mhz ram is totally fine with intel. However could you please post the model of the 500w psu? For 300€ you can get a lot of good cards but we'd need to know your psu first.

Yes i tell you in a while.. The PC is my work PC 🤣. Because the thread of coronavirus i am restriced in my town and i work by laptop. I will collect the case in the afternoon and i will write you the psu.

On 3/31/2020 at 3:44 PM, Paul499 said:

Yes i tell you in a while.. The PC is my work PC 🤣. Because the thread of coronavirus i am restriced in my town and i work by laptop. I will collect the case in the afternoon and i will write you the psu.

This the Psu

IMG-20200401-WA0003.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/31/2020 at 4:18 PM, Paul499 said:

Sorry for the late reply. The 2400mhz ram can only be improved by upgrading the ram or trying to overclock it a bit if your motherboard supports it. It's not tragic though, it will work fine just with a bit fewer fps. If you're looking for the most value rather than new one I'd put another 8gb stick with the same specs and call it a day, having 16gb is more important than the speed. I was just pointing to the next logical upgrade in my opinion. As for gpu, 1660ti/super would be right on the money depending on prices in your area. The used market can be great value too if you're willing to go down that route, I can find 1080ti's for 300 bucks used. That power supply looks a bit sketchy though... No visible branding and no 80+ rating. 500w is fine if it has the necessary 6/8 pin power cables for the card you're getting, you can physically check that yourself, but if possible I'd change it. Can't really trust no brand Chinese power supplies, they carry a greater risk of burning up and taking the rest of your pc with them. If you decide to, I'd go with a 500w or so that is from a non sketchy brand and 80+ bronze at least. I have something like that and it's been serving me well for 5 years and counting. Just make sure it has the 6/8 pin cables you need, they differ from one gpu to another.