3D Printed Masks

Teradore

So forgive me if I'm not supposed to post anything on the subject of COVID-19 or I've put this in the wrong place but I have been hearing a lot about people 3d printing different things to help with the insane load from people in hospitals. I don't have a 3D printer but id like to share what some others in my town made to help cut down on materials for face masks to keep the medical professionals safe. 

https://www.billingsclinic.com/foundation/ so here is a place where you can download the mask design if your local hospitals feel its helpful then you can use your 3d printer to do a little to help... just wanted to spread this resource with the tech community as you all are more likely to have a 3D printer. 

Oh, and if you have any other free downloads for things like this, Please share! 

Don't Judge my spelling I'm dyslexic 

Can i send this to my local university? They have i think 10 3d printers available and it could help the local hospital a lot. My 3d printer broke last month before the virus thing broke out and i thought i wouldn't use it for a while. Now that all shops are closed, i cant get parts and send it for repairs so ill just send this to the uni instead.

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

Just now, MartinKweh said:

Can i send this to my local university? They have i think 10 3d printers available and it could help the local hospital a lot. My 3d printer broke last month before the virus thing broke out and i thought i wouldn't use it for a while. Now that all shops are closed, i cant get parts and send it for repairs so ill just send this to the uni instead.

send it to anyone and everyone. its free and meant to help, no reason not to share it all over! 

Don't Judge my spelling I'm dyslexic 

Thanks. Ill send it later as its literally 4 am right now (insomia sucks and being in this room for the past 3 weeks sucks even more since i have been in quarantine since 9th of march)

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

I actually initially thought this was going to be face shields.

Could probably 3D print a decent headpiece to hold a clear plastic faceshield.

Just a thought.

16 hours ago, Niksa said:

Is it just me or there are no photos of the masks on that website?

if you read, tbillings clinic has created a webpage that is linked on thier site, with where, when, and how to donate, as well as the print files and the information needed....
but i know people dont like to read so here is the website they created https://www.makethemasks.com/