Help finding the right mac

Hello, my name is Marek and i'm a student from Slovakia, me and my family are moving to another house, i have a gaming pc (ryzen 7, gtx 1070ti, 116gb ram) but i started getting used to mac os, currently i own a 2017 macbook air and i love that device, but, let's get to the point, i want to give my sister my pc and buy a mac instead, i was watching som egpu solutions to a mac but they seen quite expensive, is there a way, under 2000€ to get a mac, what could be good for some lightweight video and photo editing, using fl stuido for music and gaming some basic games like Minecraft, Gta V and CSGO, maybe some fortnite and other shooters like rainbow six? I would definitley use parallels to run that games, please dont tell me to use hackintosh, i dont want hackintosh, also it can be a macbook, i can plug it into my monitor. Sorry for my english also :)

As a TOTALLY not biased person i suggest you don't get a computer from apple, unless you SPECIFICALLY need it for software you have to use that only runs on iOS ;). You pay a ridiculous amount of money for just the apple logo on it.

ESL Profile: https://play.eslgaming.com/player/2432327/

F@H Profile: https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=847206

Old System:                                                                 Current System :

i7-3770k + Cooler Master Hyper 212                           i9 9900k + Noctua NH-D15

Gigabyte Z77M-D3H                                                    Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master

Evga Geforce GTX 970 SC                                          GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING OC (F@H OC +70core/+580 mem)

HyperX FURY Red 16GB  DDR3 1600                        Corsair Vengeance  LPX 2x16GB DDR4 3200

bequiet PURE POWER 600W 80+ bronze                  Corsair RM 650x 80+ gold

Samsung 850 Evo 120 GB + 1TB HDD                       Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB 

Thermaltake Level 20 MT ARGB 

12 minutes ago, Marci said:

basic games like Minecraft, Gta V and CSGO

you dont play games on a mac.

Almost any mac (2015+ (i think? my sister's mac does that atleast)) will run minecraft, but GTA V? I think you have to high hopes for a macbook here :/

12 minutes ago, Marci said:

i can plug it into my monitor. Sorry for my english also

Your english is really good, no need to be sorry there.

I think any mac (apart from an imac? im not sure) can be plugged into a monitor with thunderbolt connector.

Also Welcome to the forums!

13 minutes ago, Marci said:

Hello, my name is Marek and i'm a student from Slovakia, me and my family are moving to another house, i have a gaming pc (ryzen 7, gtx 1070ti, 116gb ram) but i started getting used to mac os, currently i own a 2017 macbook air and i love that device, but, let's get to the point, i want to give my sister my pc and buy a mac instead, i was watching som egpu solutions to a mac but they seen quite expensive, is there a way, under 2000€ to get a mac, what could be good for some lightweight video and photo editing, using fl stuido for music and gaming some basic games like Minecraft, Gta V and CSGO, maybe some fortnite and other shooters like rainbow six? I would definitley use parallels to run that games, please dont tell me to use hackintosh, i dont want hackintosh, also it can be a macbook, i can plug it into my monitor. Sorry for my english also :)

Gaming on a mac is just not a good idea. Just do as others do. Use a separate computer for gaming as that will be cheaper than any mac based solution and perform far better for the price.

1 hour ago, WillLTT said:

I think any mac (apart from an imac? im not sure) can be plugged into a monitor with thunderbolt connector.

you can use an iMac with an external display too. 

1 hour ago, WillLTT said:

Almost any mac (2015+ (i think? my sister's mac does that atleast)) will run minecraft

i played Minecraft on a 2006 budget macbook with intel GMA 950 graphics and it ran it. not well, but it was playable xD 

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

Gaming on a mac is just not a good idea. Just do as others do. Use a separate computer for gaming as that will be cheaper than any mac based solution and perform far better for the price.

indeed. it's what i do as well. my Mac is my daily machine and i have a pc for games. 

She/Her

thanks everyone, a found a strategy, i will buy an older (2016/17) mac and a matx mini gaming pc, i dont need to run gta at 4k 60fps, just to it run, so i can easily fit into the budget, thank you guys for helping me out, it is my first time on any forum, im enjoying it now :)

12 hours ago, Marci said:

thanks everyone, a found a strategy, i will buy an older (2016/17) mac and a matx mini gaming pc, i dont need to run gta at 4k 60fps, just to it run, so i can easily fit into the budget, thank you guys for helping me out, it is my first time on any forum, im enjoying it now :)

I'd advice you to not buy a butterfly key macbook as every one of them has a flawed keyboard with a high failiure rate. They are now releasing macs without the issue or you can buy an older 2015 macbook without the trouble keyboard as those are still decent machines today

Glad you solved this... yes gaming on a Mac just isn't the best ideal, my friend. ^_^

I would recommend either an imac or the Mac mini.

however, DON'T buy an iMac with ONLY a platter-based hard drive inside. TOO SLOW. You are going to be very VERY unhappy if you get one of these!

Get a fusion drive instead, even the 1tb fusion will be better.
The 256gb SSD (not sure if that option is offered on a 21" iMac) is best.
Don't let anyone tell you that "it's not large enough" You can add an external USB3 drive for project storage if needed, it won't slow you down at all.

1 hour ago, laurayuan said:

I would recommend either an imac or the Mac mini.

however, DON'T buy an iMac with ONLY a platter-based hard drive inside. TOO SLOW. You are going to be very VERY unhappy if you get one of these!

Get a fusion drive instead, even the 1tb fusion will be better.
The 256gb SSD (not sure if that option is offered on a 21" iMac) is best.
Don't let anyone tell you that "it's not large enough" You can add an external USB3 drive for project storage if needed, it won't slow you down at all.

Thanks, and what imac would you recommend to me? Or mac mini. I was looking at some imacs with radeon graphics but if u say intel gpus are enough for video render then i will buy mini.