Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kingmustard

Corsair CX450 or EVGA GD 500? (both B+ on tier list)

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Corsair CX450 (CP-9020120-UK)

80 Plus Bronze

B+ on LTT PSU tier list

5-year warranty

£52

 

EVGA GD 500 (100-GD-0500-V3)

80 Plus Gold

B on LTT PSU tier list

5-year warranty

£50

 

Any thoughts between the two?


Intel Core i7-8700K, 16 GB DDR4-3000, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080, Microsoft Windows 10. More.

 

NVIDIA GPU SKU database:<removed>

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kingmustard said:

EVGA GD 500 (100-GD-0500-V3)

80 Plus Gold

B+ on LTT PSU tier list

5-year warranty

£50

 

Any thoughts between the two?

the 100-GD-0500-V3 is actually B, not B+.

but I don't think there's a major difference between them. what are your system specs? do you need the extra 50W the evga is capable of?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

the 100-GD-0500-V3 is actually B, not B+.

but I don't think there's a major difference between them. what are your system specs? do you need the extra 50W the evga is capable of?

Well spotted, as it's a 2019 model and not the 2017 one.

 

In that case, I'll stick with the CX450 as it's higher on the tier list.


Intel Core i7-8700K, 16 GB DDR4-3000, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080, Microsoft Windows 10. More.

 

NVIDIA GPU SKU database:<removed>

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, boggy77 said:

make sure 450w are enough for what you need

More than enough :)

 

 


Intel Core i7-8700K, 16 GB DDR4-3000, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080, Microsoft Windows 10. More.

 

NVIDIA GPU SKU database:<removed>

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, boggy77 said:

if you want a semi-modular gold unit, the tx550m is only £65

£50 is my limit as it's only a basic system

 

 


Intel Core i7-8700K, 16 GB DDR4-3000, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080, Microsoft Windows 10. More.

 

NVIDIA GPU SKU database:<removed>

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kingmustard said:

More than enough :)

 

 

keep in mind that the cx450 only has a single pcie 6+2 pin. 

 

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/b37v6h/be-quiet-system-power-9-500-w-80-bronze-certified-atx-power-supply-bn246

 

this one could also be considered. low wattage dualrail, as such not suited for higher power GPUs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, GoldenLag said:

keep in mind that the cx450 only has a single pcie 6+2 pin. 

 

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/b37v6h/be-quiet-system-power-9-500-w-80-bronze-certified-atx-power-supply-bn246

 

this one could also be considered. low wattage dualrail, as such not suited for higher power GPUs. 

There's just a little 19 W AMD Radeon HD 5450 passive GPU in there for video output :)


Intel Core i7-8700K, 16 GB DDR4-3000, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080, Microsoft Windows 10. More.

 

NVIDIA GPU SKU database:<removed>

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kingmustard said:

There's just a little 19 W AMD Radeon HD 5450 passive GPU in there for video output :)

grab the cx450 then. 

 

the single 6+2 pin connector is really the only downside of the cx450

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 hours ago, boggy77 said:

might want to take a look at this one as well. the zen variant isn't in the tier list yet, but the neo eco gold is tier A

Antec NeoECO Gold ZEN

 

EDIT: nevermind, I was on the US pcpp

That's £60 in the UK. Not willing to spend that much in this circumstance.


Intel Core i7-8700K, 16 GB DDR4-3000, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080, Microsoft Windows 10. More.

 

NVIDIA GPU SKU database:<removed>

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×