[SOLVED] How can I get lowest latency possible (with shitty illustration)

On 3/7/2020 at 4:07 PM, Aurosis said:

My last thing I need to do is to look for the right antenna cable. 

See the image? Left is a plug in the middle, on the right there is a hole in the middle.

My Modem has a F-Plug...

So... Modem —> F-Plug —> Wall —> now into the left side or into the right side? 

Do they work the same, or are there differences between the two?

Right so, you're using a coaxiable broadband connection?

I do not know how these isp's work in other country's, but here in holland you can only hook 1 modem up to them, the rest are basically 'reserved' for TV only.

My home installation uses this type too, but without coax to utp converters you really can't send data over them (not that i know off anyhow). Interally we call these converters 'MOCA's'. But to be honest, if you're using existing wiring, you may just as well use powerline adapters . . . don't have much positive experiences with ethernet over coax using these types of converters.

But maybe a weird question . . . as your situation is rather unique and you seem to 'lack' the know how (no offense inteded), don't you perhaps have someone in your circle who can assist you with this, who can actually visit your location and give you proper advice and maybe even help you with the installation?

Gamesystem: X3700, 32GB memory @3200mhz, GTX1080 Hybrid

Unraid system: Epyc 7352, 24/48, 96GB ECC buffered @2666mhz, 2x GT710, GTX1050Ti

These 2 plugs are the same, just a male and female version. Historically one would go to your TV and the other to a radio. 

Here for internet we need to have the extra 3rd plug which has no filter on it. 

C1nfmeh.jpg.ccd0b2ee051b775e947a5ab91d22f85e.jpg

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

12 hours ago, Caennanu said:

as your situation is rather unique and you seem to 'lack' the know how (no offense inteded), don't you perhaps have someone in your circle who can assist you with this, who can actually visit your location and give you proper advice and maybe even help you with the installation?

Thanks for the good message.

I am a PC nerd, I know a lot about PC's and technology and even interior design. However, my biggest weakness was always "networking and internet". I do understand a lot now, not as much as you, because you are the networking GOAT, but I know something. 

I just want to do it myself, I take great satisfaction in doing things by myself. 

I understand everything now... I was just curious if I should plug it into the left side or into the right side.

See these two cables.

https://www.digitec.ch/en/s1/product/hama-f-stecker-auf-koax-stecker-3m-90db-satellite-cable-antenna-satellite-cables-5653550

https://www.digitec.ch/en/s1/product/hama-anschlusskabel-f-stecker-koax-stecker-grosser-schraubkopf-3m-90db-satellite-cable-antenna-satel-5653544

They are both the same. The both have a F-Plug (which goes into my modem) and they have a coaxial-plug (one is male and the other is female).

If I buy the first one, I'll have to plug it into the right. If I buy the second one, I'll have to plug it into the left. I was just curious if it makes a difference, where I plug it in.

To what plug is your modem currently connected? Do the same. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

GPD Win 2

1 hour ago, Kilrah said:

To what plug is your modem currently connected? Do the same. 

My modem is connected to a shitty adapter. Adapters add latency, but I think I'll have to plug it into the right side (with hole) as seen from the picture.

AE170004-F919-48CA-8C76-DA6CD6B3888E.jpeg

This is a signal amplifier. If you need it it likely means the modem won't work plugged straight into the wall plug and you'll need that amplifier installed as well.

But then the ANT plug of that amplifier should go to a wall plug like you showed... 

F@H

GPD Win 2

Ok... with the diagram that you've given, assuming there isn't a ridiculous distance from the storeroom to the PCs location and that you have a decent WiFi adapter in the PC, I would just suggest getting a decent router to put in the storeroom.

ISP>Modem>Wall>Storeroom Wall>Router Internet Port

This would allow you to have an independent connection from the existing WiFi, plus then you'd have a usable router for when you do move out as almost any purchased router is better than what you're issued by an ISP anyhow.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2020 at 11:19 PM, Spyder1384 said:

Ok... with the diagram that you've given, assuming there isn't a ridiculous distance from the storeroom to the PCs location and that you have a decent WiFi adapter in the PC, I would just suggest getting a decent router to put in the storeroom.

ISP>Modem>Wall>Storeroom Wall>Router Internet Port

This would allow you to have an independent connection from the existing WiFi, plus then you'd have a usable router for when you do move out as almost any purchased router is better than what you're issued by an ISP anyhow.

Hello guys:

This forum is now solved (sorry for annoying you guys).

I bought a Devolo Magic 2 LAN Powerline Adapter.

The room of the modem and the room of my setup are on two different circuits, however I still have 0 - 10 Ping in Fortnite Creative. Lately, it has been a bit higher, due to the COVID-19 outbreak. I use Fortnite as a benchmark, because speedtest.net results aren't reliable, when it comes to real-world performance.

Anyhow, powerline adapters can be a hit or miss, it worked for me.

Just wanted to send some word to you guys,

stay healthy and take care,

yrs,
Aurosis