Catalina hackintosh help?

So this happens every time i try to make the bootable catalina usb drive.image.thumb.png.078fc4d5be91fbe5639c88571f9ba059.png

im following this guide https://hackintosher.com/guides/how-to-make-a-macos-10-15-catalina-flash-drive-installer/

and everytime i get to the part where it actually makes the bootable usb it fails.

im using a 32gb drive so it isnt running out of storage and the percentage of completion is different each time.

Sometimes it gets to 20% and sometimes it gets to 60% but its never got past 60%

I know this probably isnt the best place for help with this so if you have any other idea on where to post this that would also be appreciated. Thanks  

• 2 months later...

Hi @Cupar19,

Before you start running the "createinstallmedia" command are you formatting the USB drive with Disk Utility? What you need to do is the following:

Go to Applications/Utilities and select "Disk Utility". 

When Disk Utility opens, go to the upper left hand corner and select "View" and then select "Show all devices".

spacer.png

Select the top of your device tree then click on "Erase". The "Format" should be "Mac OS Extended (Journaled), and "GUID Partition map". 

spacer.png

Format your USB stick and then close Disk Utility. Switch to the terminal and run the following command:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Catalina.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --nointeraction && say Drive Completed

One last note, do not use a USB 3 device for your installer, only USB 2. Not sure why, I just know that a USB 3.0 drive won't work for an OS X install.

I hope this helps.

zog

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2020 at 5:29 PM, zogthegreat said:

Hi @Cupar19,

Before you start running the "createinstallmedia" command are you formatting the USB drive with Disk Utility? What you need to do is the following:

Go to Applications/Utilities and select "Disk Utility". 

When Disk Utility opens, go to the upper left hand corner and select "View" and then select "Show all devices".

spacer.png

Select the top of your device tree then click on "Erase". The "Format" should be "Mac OS Extended (Journaled), and "GUID Partition map". 

spacer.png

Format your USB stick and then close Disk Utility. Switch to the terminal and run the following command:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Catalina.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --nointeraction && say Drive Completed

One last note, do not use a USB 3 device for your installer, only USB 2. Not sure why, I just know that a USB 3.0 drive won't work for an OS X install.

I hope this helps.

zog

I mean my post is so old that i ended up giving up in the end but i did do everything you just listed

On 6/4/2020 at 2:01 PM, zogthegreat said:

Did you get it working?

nope

did you try a different usb port? 
maybe use something like unibeast and multibeast

On 6/14/2020 at 4:14 PM, zogthegreat said:

Post you EFI folder so we can take a look at what's happening. 

as i said i gave up in this ages ago so i no longer have that, thanks for the help though