Asus Tuf Gaming X570-Plus SLI support?

Scrimsii

Pretty simple question and possibly a major oversight on my part from upgrading from my old X470 board to a new X570 board for that sweet PCIe Gen 4.0. Does the Asus Tuf Gaming X570-Plus (non-WiFi) support SLI? It lists Crossfire under technical specs, but on an image on Newegg describing the board it lists both SLI and Crossfire. I am hoping I didn't just make my second graphics card completely useless or that was a nice waste. Any thoughts?

Annotation 2020-02-23 162131.png

1 minute ago, Scrimsii said:

Pretty simple question and possibly a major oversight on my part from upgrading from my old X470 board to a new X570 board for that sweet PCIe Gen 4.0. Does the Asus Tuf Gaming X570-Plus (non-WiFi) support SLI? It lists Crossfire under technical specs, but on an image on Newegg describing the board it lists both SLI and Crossfire. I am hoping I didn't just make my second graphics card completely useless or that was a nice waste. Any thoughts?

That image is just a generic X570 promotional thing, not something specific to this motherboard. This motherboard only has Crossfire (2 way) in terms of multi-GPU support:

image.thumb.png.6da86d0a8321edadc427b01872e82c6e.png

2 minutes ago, Scrimsii said:

for that sweet PCIe Gen 4.0. [...] SLI?

Currently there are no Nvidia card with PCIE 4.0 though, please keep in mind you need Ryzen 3000 for PCIE 4.0 too.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

No SLI support, the second PCIe slot is only x4 (SLI needs at least x8 - it's irrelevant that the bandwidth of PCIe4 x4 is basically PCIe3 x8)

There are also no Nvidia GPUs that support PCIe4 at the moment. That could change with the release of Ampere.

If I'm understanding correctly, even if I have a 3900X with this board, there is no way to enable SLI?

2 minutes ago, Scrimsii said:

If I'm understanding correctly, even if I have a 3900X with this board, there is no way to enable SLI?

Yes, that's correct.

26 minutes ago, ShinRamen said:

Yes, that's correct.

Bummer. Well, at least I can take advantage of the PCIe 4.0 NVME drive I purchased with the board.