PC's color problem (not monitor's problem for sure)

TassosKwn

Hello! I have a pc with the following specifications:

- Intel core i7 6700k (not ocerclocked)

- msi Z170A SLI PLUS 

- corsair cx650m

- 2 x corsair vengeance lpx ddr4 3000mhz

- corsair hydro series H60 

- sapphire r7 360 2gb

I've had this pc for about 3 years. Till now it never had any kind of problem . Today when I turned it on the colors where very weird . They are very greenish and the program icons are like misplaced in some parts of the screen . I really can't explain it better . First I thought the monitor had a problem .But then I just turned on the ps4 I had and everything was ok . So it's definitely not monitor problem.  So then I tried removing the GPU and restart the pc with the CPU's integrated gpu . It didn't to anything to the colors , it was exactly like before . Then I removed the ram and blew a little bet on the connection (the same with the gpu ) .I also tried another HDMI cable . Nothing changed . If someone could help me with this I would really appreciate it!Thank you

received_821545181697940.jpeg

received_181355773285650.jpeg

20200223_220918.jpg

Edited by TassosKwn
Uploaded some pictures of the problem

Monitor problem

GPU problem

but since you troubleshot both

maybe try to plug it all into a different outlet

10 minutes ago, TassosKwn said:

I've had this pc for about 3 years. Till now it never had any kind of problem . Today when I turned it on the colors where very weird . They are very greenish and the program icons are like misplaced in some parts of the screen . 

You've probably put it into HDMI "video" mode rather than RGB. Basically the PC is sending a signal that the monitor is not in the right mode for. If you can bring up the monitors overlay and check what mode it's in and compare it to what you're actually running, it might simply involve telling the PC to change resolution to something else, and then put it back.

image.thumb.png.41b5ba173e7aa45235a889ad830431f9.png

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh-022

See where Pixel Format is in this screen shot ? YCbCr is technically wrong when using a Computer screen, that's only correct when connecting to a "TV"

I see you edited the post. Somehow it's not in a mode the monitor is recognizing.

If the monitor has DP on it and you have a DP cable, try that, otherwise the thing that comes to mind is that the GPU is trying to communicate with the monitor at a HDMI version that the cable doesn't support.

I've uploaded some pictures of the screen it's not only the scaling . It's like the pc is drunk ...

1 minute ago, TassosKwn said:

I've uploaded some pictures of the screen it's not only the scaling . It's like the pc is drunk ...

Try another cable, specifically the cable the monitor came with if you have it.

1 minute ago, TassosKwn said:

I don't have it but I've tried multiple cables

Is there another input on the monitor you can try?

What connection are you using? (VGA, HDMI, DVI)

System specs? IF you have integrated graphics try using those instead of your GPU.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

I've tried connecting the pc with VGA cable . The same thing happened . I want to mention that when I plugged on the monitor my ps4 , ps3 and a DVD all where displayed as they should be . 

Just now I tried connecting the PC to my main TV and everything looks ok . The colors are as they should be . I connected it using the same cables , first with HDMI and then with VGA. Everything looks fine . So I believe it is a monitor's fault. I also doubled checked if the colors were fixed after trying it to my main TV as I said .Nothing changed the colors looked the same on the monitor. I suppose it is solved....

15 minutes ago, TassosKwn said:

I've tried connecting the pc with VGA cable . The same thing happened . I want to mention that when I plugged on the monitor my ps4 , ps3 and a DVD all where displayed as they should be . 

Just now I tried connecting the PC to my main TV and everything looks ok . The colors are as they should be . I connected it using the same cables , first with HDMI and then with VGA. Everything looks fine . So I believe it is a monitor's fault. I also doubled checked if the colors were fixed after trying it to my main TV as I said .Nothing changed the colors looked the same on the monitor. I suppose it is solved....

15 minutes ago, TassosKwn said:

Wrong title guys sorry.... I don't know how to change the topic's title LoL