Anyone's elses brain just isnt fit for programming?

Windows95
12 hours ago, Windows95 said:

most jobs are repetitive and you dont learn anything beyond the repetitive task being done, also commuting sucks no matter what you are doing anyway

Yes and no, as someone else mentioned a lot of places you will have one or 2 seniors like me who are willing to put time into teaching you outside the bounds of the daily work. yes you do the same type of work but you will have many different challenge and with the teaching of someone with lots of experience you will learn quickly as you get taught with real life scenario as you go. Typically us seniors can easily spot your strength and weakness and how fast you can learn each subject and we can bring them to you at your pace. Don't forget we have all been in your shoes at one point and we know the learning curve and difficulties ahead so if you find a good place with mentoring kind of person it will be a tremendous boost for learning while working. Had lots of high schooler coming out after a year of working with us with much much better coding experience / talent than university graduate.

13 hours ago, Windows95 said:

i can make better games by using something like gzdoom than someone that can code but has 0 artistic approach and no talent for level design etc. i always wanted to make a duke 3d type of game, i have all the tools except i dont know how to do the coding part. but with acs and zscript i can make cool levels with events and stuff going on. of course this makes no money, so spending time on this is a waste of time.

The Problem is everyone and their moms companies want people with University Degrees.
I've seen teens learn some Java just to fiddle with minecraft code. 
Note: they don't actually write their own code they just fiddle with it.

My younger brother wanted to go into Management and still was forced to take Calculus 1 and 2
which he died in.

homeofmew (homeofmew#1337)

[ | folding@home | F@A Extreme Over Clocking | Bionic | ]

Bachelors of Science in Mathematics, University of Houston

7 hours ago, fringie said:

@Windows95 Nothing, everything you make initially will be bad and nobody will hire you/buy your product until you build up your knowledge/portfolio etc. I don't see how you think you can compete with people with years of experience... Even those "shitty apps" had significant effort to build the expertise to build the app. If you want to make shit, you can compete with the firms in India etc who have lower living costs than you - oh and they also have more experience than you. Do you see how you just can't compete until you actually put some hard work in??

If you honestly believe otherwise make an app of some sort that is functional. Prove to yourself that you can make something worth selling. If it's any good, someone will almost certainly be willing to pay for it. I'm almost certain you'll find out it's more difficult than you think.

p.s. just because you're 30 with no work history doesn't mean you're not able to get a career you want. The lack of commitment/willing to actually work hard is. Change your mentaility for your own sake.

Sorry if I come across rude.

put ads on it so u dont have to sell it

On 2/24/2020 at 6:06 PM, Windows95 said:

That depends on you getting users to use your app & you need to have the ability to make an app in the first place.

On 2/24/2020 at 12:06 PM, Windows95 said:

Put ads on what?

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

As a self taught lead software and full stack developer I can tell you right away if you don't feel like doing it don't do it. Developer job sounds good in every advertisement there is: High salaries, flexible hours, playgrounds all of that is true and even more, but it's not easy job and requires a lot of thinking. Tho you will not need a math or algorithams at most of positions, but u will need a logic and you will need a lot of it.

I still tell the story of me getting into programming when I was just 7-8 years old and 1st thing that made me love it is kind of "God complex" where something did what you told it to do, and to be honest it was "love on 1st run/debug".

I really love programming and security and is the only thing I'm really good with. I even droped out of height school to get a full time programming job when I was 16 years old, and even I get enough of it from time to time, so trust me you need to really be into programming to do it as full time job for years. Because if you are just practising programming on your own you can do whatever you like, but if you are doing it for money and salary you will do what are you told to, and that's not going to be some fun bot or AI, it's probobly going to be some kind of SaaS for large corporations, so yea, don't wast your time if you don't feel like doing it, better to find youself in somthing else.