Headphones up to 350$

Tchlix

I'm looking for PC headphones up to 350$, with surround sound and something against noise, so I don't hear my roommate. I don't care about mic. It can be wireless or wired. I just want the best audio quality per $. Never had any  "good" headphones, and want something that will last for years.

Sony MDR7506 are around $100...they are the best closed back headphones for the money...if you want to "wall off" the sound of your roommate and not annoy said roommate with your music.  Sadly no one makes a closed-back that sounds as good as open back AFAIK.

Open back headphones sound WAY better dollar for dollar.  Corsair HS70 open backs can be had for $80 and sounds awesome...blew my $350 Beyerdynamics out of the water...the Beyerdynamics are open back too...go figure.

i would recommend the cloud orbit s if your really want the suround sound

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

22 hours ago, huilun02 said:

If you are in the US, consider the Drop THX Panda headphone. Its $400 but wireless and sounds VERY good and takes LDAC if you want the best digital transmission over bluetooth. You can run it with an audio cable too. The benefit of wireless+closed back is that you can take it out on your commute and listen to music on your phone. Probably the best wireless headphones available for a good while.

Else, just follow this guide and get something that has "+GAMING" and "+CLOSED". Make sure it does not have "+HARD" because those require a capable headphone amplifier. You should be able to get one in the Mid-Fi range for $350.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Zeos/comments/97mi5s/zguides_headphones/

Those are not shipping until June. The good thing is that they have their own THX built in amp, so he doesn't need to consider anything else aside from the headphones.

On 2/7/2020 at 9:42 AM, Stu_Bear said:

Sadly no one makes a closed-back that sounds as good as open back AFAIK.

I really liked the Shure SRH1540

On 2/8/2020 at 10:27 AM, huilun02 said:

Wireless headphones need to be able to function and deliver the intended sound without external amplification. Its the same regardless of brand or model. In this case it has built in THX amps only because its needed to drive planar magnetic drivers without coloration. The more tangible selling point I would say is LDAC compatibility, which is an indication that they actually give a damn about providing the best quality portable sound possible.

From a technical/engineering standpoint, an audiophile will appreciate the fact that its planar magnetic, uses the best possible portable amp and best bluetooth codec. However for the average dummy end consumer, the result is all that matters. They judge the product's worth by the sound quality and features, and dont really care if it took million dollar or advanced tech for it to get there.

There are headphones that work wireless but improve over amplification via wire. The fact that absolutely nothing is required to achieve the best the headphone can deliver is what made write my comment.

18 hours ago, ShearMe said:

I really liked the Shure SRH1540

I got an AEON 2 Closed back that puts the 1540 to shame in my opinion. Take a look at it when you can.

2 hours ago, HumdrumPenguin said:

I got an AEON 2 Closed back that puts the 1540 to shame in my opinion. Take a look at it when you can.

I'd hope it puts something to shame at double the price ?

Would you be willing to go for multiple headphones which cost a total of $350? Or maybe a headphone & a DAC / Amp? 

On 2/9/2020 at 4:56 PM, ShearMe said:

I'd hope it puts something to shame at double the price ?

It never works like that in audio. Sometimes you can't even get build quality out of expensive cans (Hifiman).

You should check out what I have! The Sennheiser HD 6XX. They're actually on sale right now for $195, while they are usually $220. Even though that price is lower than what you had in mind, they pack quite a punch. With the extra money, you can get a dac/amp combo to have just all around a great listening experience.