New roommate, need security

Ajs420

I need to find a cheap bluetooth or wifi security cameras to hook up to my computer,  i have a new roommate moving in, and i just want to keep an eye on my place,  please help 

Need like 2 to 3 cameras, can be can be battery or plug, 

If you have real reason not to trust this person, then they should probably not be your roommate. If this is just you being paranoid then I urge you to be reasonable and understand that setting up security cameras in your home to spy on your roommates is not cool and will undermine any possibility of trust in the future.

But since you asked: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=wireless+camera&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

"I want to spy on my roommate who I don't even know"

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

5 hours ago, harryk said:

If you have real reason not to trust this person, then they should probably not be your roommate. If this is just you being paranoid then I urge you to be reasonable and understand that setting up security cameras in your home to spy on your roommates is not cool and will undermine any possibility of trust in the future.

But since you asked: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=wireless+camera&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

Hahahaha, i love that, he will k ow they are there, 

Question,1 do i have to pay monthly? 

2 does it stream to my phone or computer? 

3 when it does stream can i record to my computer? 

10 minutes ago, Ajs420 said:

Question,1 do i have to pay monthly? 

2 does it stream to my phone or computer? 

3 when it does stream can i record to my computer? 

It depends on what you buy.

If you want something where you can see the video from anywhere in the world, you'll need to sign up for some kind of service. The simplest setup would be a cheap IP camera and recording software running on your computer, but this will only allow viewing when you are home.

So camera above will record to my computer? Can i set up 2? 

This camera d-link (dcs-8515lh) smart tracking hd pan tilt wi-fi security camera

Can i stream that to a phone without paying? 

4 hours ago, Ajs420 said:

So camera above will record to my computer? Can i set up 2? 

Has your roommate even agreed to this? Do you have a reason to record them? Cause if they don't know, this is an extreme invasion of privacy and could potentially get you kicked out of your dorm if not your uni or wherever you are.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

5 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Has your roommate even agreed to this? Do you have a reason to record them? Cause if they don't know, this is an extreme invasion of privacy and could potentially get you kicked out of your dorm if not your uni or wherever you are.

Yeah, depending on your jurisdiction, this would probably break the law, and could result in criminal charges, and you could also be sued.

1 hour ago, Ajs420 said:

It my house

Depending on your jurisdiction, you still need to notify the other person about the cameras, the location, and they need to consent to it. Otherwise, you invite a lawsuit when they find out, for breaking privacy laws.