Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ajs420

New roommate, need security

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I need to find a cheap bluetooth or wifi security cameras to hook up to my computer,  i have a new roommate moving in, and i just want to keep an eye on my place,  please help 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have real reason not to trust this person, then they should probably not be your roommate. If this is just you being paranoid then I urge you to be reasonable and understand that setting up security cameras in your home to spy on your roommates is not cool and will undermine any possibility of trust in the future.

 

But since you asked: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=wireless+camera&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

Link to post
Share on other sites

"I want to spy on my roommate who I don't even know"


Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.4GHz @ 1.36V (courtesy of @XR6) Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1866MHz GPU: Asus RX 570 Strix Storage: WD Blue 1TB and a 128GB Kingston UV400 PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Monitor: Dell G2410T and two Dell P2210 on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech G403 Prodigy Wireless Keyboard: Northgate Omnikey Ultra Mousepad: Steelseries QcK XL with stitched edge Headset:  Sennheiser HD598SE

 

I like old-ass keyboards, Volvos, Thinkpads, and fountain pens.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
5 hours ago, harryk said:

If you have real reason not to trust this person, then they should probably not be your roommate. If this is just you being paranoid then I urge you to be reasonable and understand that setting up security cameras in your home to spy on your roommates is not cool and will undermine any possibility of trust in the future.

 

But since you asked: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=wireless+camera&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

Hahahaha, i love that, he will k ow they are there, 

Question,1 do i have to pay monthly? 

2 does it stream to my phone or computer? 

3 when it does stream can i record to my computer? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ajs420 said:

Question,1 do i have to pay monthly? 

2 does it stream to my phone or computer? 

3 when it does stream can i record to my computer? 

It depends on what you buy.

 

If you want something where you can see the video from anywhere in the world, you'll need to sign up for some kind of service. The simplest setup would be a cheap IP camera and recording software running on your computer, but this will only allow viewing when you are home.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

This camera d-link (dcs-8515lh) smart tracking hd pan tilt wi-fi security camera

Can i stream that to a phone without paying? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ajs420 said:

So camera above will record to my computer? Can i set up 2? 

Has your roommate even agreed to this? Do you have a reason to record them? Cause if they don't know, this is an extreme invasion of privacy and could potentially get you kicked out of your dorm if not your uni or wherever you are.


Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.4GHz @ 1.36V (courtesy of @XR6) Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1866MHz GPU: Asus RX 570 Strix Storage: WD Blue 1TB and a 128GB Kingston UV400 PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Monitor: Dell G2410T and two Dell P2210 on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech G403 Prodigy Wireless Keyboard: Northgate Omnikey Ultra Mousepad: Steelseries QcK XL with stitched edge Headset:  Sennheiser HD598SE

 

I like old-ass keyboards, Volvos, Thinkpads, and fountain pens.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Has your roommate even agreed to this? Do you have a reason to record them? Cause if they don't know, this is an extreme invasion of privacy and could potentially get you kicked out of your dorm if not your uni or wherever you are.

Yeah, depending on your jurisdiction, this would probably break the law, and could result in criminal charges, and you could also be sued.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ajs420 said:

It my house

Depending on your jurisdiction, you still need to notify the other person about the cameras, the location, and they need to consent to it. Otherwise, you invite a lawsuit when they find out, for breaking privacy laws. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×