No replacemntepads for my Razer Pads!

stereodreieck_86

Hey guys,

I am a little angry because Razer (Germany) could not even tell what kind of Mouse I have, and they have no replacement pads.

Do you know what kind of mouse I have?

Quote from Razer:

Hello Nik,

Dominik here from Razer Support.

Unfortunately I can not tell you exactly which mouse it is, but I suspect that it is a Razer Sargosa.
For exact information I would need the serial * and product numbers ** which you can find on the bottom of the mouse.

In general, I also have to inform you directly that we do not have or cannot send replacement pads and that the mouse is almost certainly no longer within the two-year warranty.
If you should have bought it within the last 2 years, I would need proof of purchase there, then we can see if we can possibly initiate a warranty claim.

* The serial number begins with two letters, followed by a series of numbers. It has NO hyphens and is either on the package or on the product itself, usually under the barcode.
** Product numbers are a series of numbers and numbers with hyphens. As a rule, they start with RZ.

Both the serial and product numbers are close together and can generally be found under the pillow of the left ear cup (for headsets), on the bottom / back of the device, or on the original packaging. If you are unsure which numbers are correct, you can simply send us a photo of the label! Please note, however, that our system can only process files up to 5 MB.

Sincerely yours

IMG_1378.JPG

Hey, welcome to the forum.

I would suggest you turn it over and check the label. Just Google the string that says "model number" or "SKU"

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Sounds like you have an old Razer mouse that you need to Identify yourself, via the skews on the bottom so he doesn't take a wild guess.  You cannot be upset about this bro.

Also, they aren't going to suggest a third party pad replacement.  They do that they lose the potential for you to purchase a new Razer mouse instead.

I don't see the problem at all with Razers response.  Seems like a very entitled post.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

1 hour ago, Tristerin said:

Sounds like you have an old Razer mouse that you need to Identify yourself, via the skews on the bottom so he doesn't take a wild guess.  You cannot be upset about this bro.

Also, they aren't going to suggest a third party pad replacement.  They do that they lose the potential for you to purchase a new Razer mouse instead.

I don't see the problem at all with Razers response.  Seems like a very entitled post.

Look, I did a little research and it took me roughly 2minutes. The Razer employee even got the name wrong and wasn't able to identify the mouse.

Again, it took me 2minutes to figure out the name (just by comparing the shape of the mouse) and write a mail to order@com-tra.de (who hopefully have some replacementpads).

I am not going to buy a new mouse because of worn out pads, there is no potential sale for a new mouse.

As a techsavy guy It simply makes me angry and throws a bad light at the company (similar to the Applerepairprogram and planned obsolescence)

1 hour ago, stereodreieck_86 said:

Look, I did a little research and it took me roughly 2minutes. The Razer employee even got the name wrong and wasn't able to identify the mouse.

Again, it took me 2minutes to figure out the name (just by comparing the shape of the mouse) and write a mail to order@com-tra.de (who hopefully have some replacementpads).

I am not going to buy a new mouse because of worn out pads, there is no potential sale for a new mouse.

As a techsavy guy It simply makes me angry and throws a bad light at the company (similar to the Applerepairprogram and planned obsolescence)

You sound really entitled.  You do realize if he guesses wrong he could be held accountable or liable?  Probably not.  So instead of guessing he asked you to do the legwork you should have done up front instead of sending a picture.  Got it.

He also isn't going to suggest something, off a guess. I am sure if you had provided him with the right data up front he could have offered you replacement pads through razer if they actually produce them.  

I have no idea where your angst or anger is coming from, and I wholly disagree with your stance.  

EDIT - hell its YOUR mouse why don't YOU know what it is?

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

Why not just buy a new mouse? I understand some people like the feel of their current hardware, but if it's just too much of a hassle to get replacement parts, and considering how old the thing may be, I'd rather just buy a new one.

Just my opinion btw...

The deep blue sky is infinitely high and crystal clear.

私はオタクではありません。