Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stereodreieck_86

No replacemntepads for my Razer Pads!

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey guys,

I am a little angry because Razer (Germany) could not even tell what kind of Mouse I have, and they have no replacement pads.

Do you know what kind of mouse I have?

Quote from Razer:

Hello Nik,

Dominik here from Razer Support.

Unfortunately I can not tell you exactly which mouse it is, but I suspect that it is a Razer Sargosa.
For exact information I would need the serial * and product numbers ** which you can find on the bottom of the mouse.

In general, I also have to inform you directly that we do not have or cannot send replacement pads and that the mouse is almost certainly no longer within the two-year warranty.
If you should have bought it within the last 2 years, I would need proof of purchase there, then we can see if we can possibly initiate a warranty claim.

* The serial number begins with two letters, followed by a series of numbers. It has NO hyphens and is either on the package or on the product itself, usually under the barcode.
** Product numbers are a series of numbers and numbers with hyphens. As a rule, they start with RZ.

Both the serial and product numbers are close together and can generally be found under the pillow of the left ear cup (for headsets), on the bottom / back of the device, or on the original packaging. If you are unsure which numbers are correct, you can simply send us a photo of the label! Please note, however, that our system can only process files up to 5 MB.

Sincerely yours

IMG_1378.JPG

Hey, welcome to the forum.

I would suggest you turn it over and check the label. Just Google the string that says "model number" or "SKU"

"those times will never come back :("

"I wish I could find a way to end the pain, other than the way I keep thinking of"

Sounds like you have an old Razer mouse that you need to Identify yourself, via the skews on the bottom so he doesn't take a wild guess.  You cannot be upset about this bro.

Also, they aren't going to suggest a third party pad replacement.  They do that they lose the potential for you to purchase a new Razer mouse instead.

I don't see the problem at all with Razers response.  Seems like a very entitled post.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Ryzen Rig 2: ASrock B450 Pro4 ATX, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X Nitro 4gb HBM (+100mhz core clock), 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker (or 4x8gb DDR4 2666mhz for large tasks), Corsair HX850 PSU, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiator, 128gb Patriot Scorch NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case.  DSI 90-Key Mechanical Keyboard w/ Cherry Red switches, Zalman ZM-GM1 mouse, Hannspree HF207 and Acer AL2016W monitors

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Ryzen Rig 1: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X Nitro 4gb HBM, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case.  Zalman K600S keyboard, Zalman ZM-GM1 mouse, Acer XF270HU 2560x1440 144hz IPS monitor

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37628874?

Dwight: The Mixed Metals Loop Media Center.  Ask me about it.  Currently decommissioned to move to an mATX setup on a new MOBO once I pick one out

Schrute: ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0, FX 8350, 2x Gigabyte HD 7850 2gb GPUs in crossfire, 16gb (4x4) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600mhz, Sparkle/FSP 650w PSU, PCCOOLING 160w TDP air cooler, 60gb Patriot SSD Win 10 boot drive, 1tb WDBlack HDD, Rosewill Nautilus 1.0 case.  Logitech Wireless Keyboard and Mouse, Roku 55" 4k TV

Micro Form Factor Dell OptiPlex 3040: Dell 0MGK50 A02, i3-6100T, 2x4gb DDR3 1600, Team Group 120gb SSD, 500gb Seagate 7mm HDD attached storage, Windows 10 Pro, Logitech K400+, USB Wifi adapter all vesa mounted to the back of a 37" 1080p TV for form factor in the kitchen

Linux Box: Toshiba Laptop, i7 620M, NVS graphics, 2gb ram tinker toy at the moment.  Running Manjaro at the moment

APU Laptop: I need to clean this things TIM up so it can boot into Windows 7 for more than 5 minute before overheating at idle, it has things, I just haven't been on it in 2 years or so

Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, Tristerin said:

Sounds like you have an old Razer mouse that you need to Identify yourself, via the skews on the bottom so he doesn't take a wild guess.  You cannot be upset about this bro.

Also, they aren't going to suggest a third party pad replacement.  They do that they lose the potential for you to purchase a new Razer mouse instead.

I don't see the problem at all with Razers response.  Seems like a very entitled post.

Look, I did a little research and it took me roughly 2minutes. The Razer employee even got the name wrong and wasn't able to identify the mouse.

Again, it took me 2minutes to figure out the name (just by comparing the shape of the mouse) and write a mail to order@com-tra.de (who hopefully have some replacementpads).

I am not going to buy a new mouse because of worn out pads, there is no potential sale for a new mouse.

As a techsavy guy It simply makes me angry and throws a bad light at the company (similar to the Applerepairprogram and planned obsolescence)

1 hour ago, stereodreieck_86 said:

Look, I did a little research and it took me roughly 2minutes. The Razer employee even got the name wrong and wasn't able to identify the mouse.

Again, it took me 2minutes to figure out the name (just by comparing the shape of the mouse) and write a mail to order@com-tra.de (who hopefully have some replacementpads).

I am not going to buy a new mouse because of worn out pads, there is no potential sale for a new mouse.

As a techsavy guy It simply makes me angry and throws a bad light at the company (similar to the Applerepairprogram and planned obsolescence)

You sound really entitled.  You do realize if he guesses wrong he could be held accountable or liable?  Probably not.  So instead of guessing he asked you to do the legwork you should have done up front instead of sending a picture.  Got it.

He also isn't going to suggest something, off a guess. I am sure if you had provided him with the right data up front he could have offered you replacement pads through razer if they actually produce them.  

I have no idea where your angst or anger is coming from, and I wholly disagree with your stance.  

EDIT - hell its YOUR mouse why don't YOU know what it is?

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Ryzen Rig 2: ASrock B450 Pro4 ATX, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X Nitro 4gb HBM (+100mhz core clock), 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker (or 4x8gb DDR4 2666mhz for large tasks), Corsair HX850 PSU, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiator, 128gb Patriot Scorch NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case.  DSI 90-Key Mechanical Keyboard w/ Cherry Red switches, Zalman ZM-GM1 mouse, Hannspree HF207 and Acer AL2016W monitors

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Ryzen Rig 1: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X Nitro 4gb HBM, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case.  Zalman K600S keyboard, Zalman ZM-GM1 mouse, Acer XF270HU 2560x1440 144hz IPS monitor

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37628874?

Dwight: The Mixed Metals Loop Media Center.  Ask me about it.  Currently decommissioned to move to an mATX setup on a new MOBO once I pick one out

Schrute: ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0, FX 8350, 2x Gigabyte HD 7850 2gb GPUs in crossfire, 16gb (4x4) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600mhz, Sparkle/FSP 650w PSU, PCCOOLING 160w TDP air cooler, 60gb Patriot SSD Win 10 boot drive, 1tb WDBlack HDD, Rosewill Nautilus 1.0 case.  Logitech Wireless Keyboard and Mouse, Roku 55" 4k TV

Micro Form Factor Dell OptiPlex 3040: Dell 0MGK50 A02, i3-6100T, 2x4gb DDR3 1600, Team Group 120gb SSD, 500gb Seagate 7mm HDD attached storage, Windows 10 Pro, Logitech K400+, USB Wifi adapter all vesa mounted to the back of a 37" 1080p TV for form factor in the kitchen

Linux Box: Toshiba Laptop, i7 620M, NVS graphics, 2gb ram tinker toy at the moment.  Running Manjaro at the moment

APU Laptop: I need to clean this things TIM up so it can boot into Windows 7 for more than 5 minute before overheating at idle, it has things, I just haven't been on it in 2 years or so

He did guess correctly, he just misspelled the name. The only mistake here is on you, for not posting proper identification, instead you're asking him to identify a mouse that might not even be a razer mouse at all.

The mouse is a Salmosa. From 2008. Production of this mouse stopped a long time ago. Razer warranty lasts for 2 years, razer does not owe you anything. You're the worst kind of costumer.

Nobody makes replacement feet for this mouse. You'll have to try some third party feet and see if they fit.

Why not just buy a new mouse? I understand some people like the feel of their current hardware, but if it's just too much of a hassle to get replacement parts, and considering how old the thing may be, I'd rather just buy a new one.

Just my opinion btw...

The deep blue sky is infinitely high and crystal clear.

私はオタクではありません。