Looking into CPU upgrade path for my system, advice?

Ethnod

So I'm running a MSI Z77 (32 gig 1600 ram, 1070 oc with some ssd's) with an Intel i3770k and was curious about what I was restricted to with my upgrade path, its not what I expected tbh, seems I'm almost at the limit with the i7's but Zeon might be an option. 

See this link

http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-MSI/Z77_MPOWER.html

Seems I can pick the best Zeon up fairly cheap... Can I just through the Zeon in there? Does it require ECC memory or anything? 

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

3 minutes ago, Ethnod said:

So I'm running a MSI Z77 (32 gig 1600 ram, 1070 oc with some ssd's) with an Intel i3770k and was curious about what I was restricted to with my upgrade path, its not what I

There is nothing to upgrade to on that platform.

Should just save up for an R5 4600 upgrade sometime this year.

Not sure when Ryzen 4000 will actually come out though.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

You're at a dead end with that platform. The only way forward from here is to get a modern platform. 

Getting Xeon won't do anything in terms of performance.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

I suspected as much, thanks guys. ? It is sad though, my little baby can't be upgraded. In fairness though, I have that system since Oct 2012 ? bloody CPU was only out, owes me nothing at this point 

I'll just run it into the ground, playing Witcher 3 on max on a 1080 monitor and most other games without any issues so I'll just get what I can and upgrade when I'm having issues with performance 

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

6 minutes ago, Ethnod said:

I suspected as much, thanks guys. ? It is sad though, my little baby can't be upgraded. In fairness though, I have that system since Oct 2012 ? bloody CPU was only

The CPU is still perfectly fine for 60hz gaming assuming it's at like 4.5ghz all core.

Even the 2700k isn't dead yet.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

9 hours ago, Streetguru said:

The CPU is still perfectly fine for 60hz gaming assuming it's at like 4.5ghz all core.

Even the 2700k isn't dead yet.

I actually have not been overclocking it actually but I might start at this point. I'm playing Witcher 3 tight now but I'll be back playing some more demanding games after that. MSI's overclocking built in system had it at I think 4.2 or 4.4 stable without any hassle