Amazon Warehouse deal - less than 5 defective pixel?

Gamer Schnitzel
Go to solution Solved by minibois,

I don't want a monitor with dead pixels, I would be very annoyed by it.

The reason they sell this monitor with the dead pixels is because it's quite likely a returned monitor. Less than 5 dead pixels on a 1080p monitor doesn't fall under manufacturer warranty (because of an EU law).

I saw the AOC 24G2U/BK on Amazon Warehouse Deals for £134.98 with the following comment:

Display has some (less than 5 in number) defective pixels. Item will come in original packaging. Packaging will be damaged.

https://amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B07Y3RYLVH/

It's obviously quite a bit cheaper. Would you guys go for it or pay the full price?

I wouldnt get anything with a dead pixel.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

2 minutes ago, Gamer Schnitzel said:

t's obviously quite a bit cheaper. Would you guys go for it or pay the full price?

Here's the trick: If the 5 pixels were in corners out of the way of normal viewing, I'd say sure, why not, but knowing my luck, it'd be all grouped together right at center eye level...

You don't really know where the dead pixels are, so it's a big gamble...

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

I don't want a monitor with dead pixels, I would be very annoyed by it.

The reason they sell this monitor with the dead pixels is because it's quite likely a returned monitor. Less than 5 dead pixels on a 1080p monitor doesn't fall under manufacturer warranty (because of an EU law).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Okay I won't bother then. I actually already ordered the monitor when it was cheaper but it is still being shipped since they were out of stock so my monitor is only £30 more and not £45 as the price went up after I ordered.