Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Metallus97

x570 Strix E monoblock. Yay or nay?

Posted · Original PosterOP

So I am soon to recive my 3900x and already have the x570 Strix E. I am thinking about getting a EK Velocity for the CPU cooler or shall I fork out the extra $$ for the monoblock?

I know I dont need to water-cool the VRM to OC my 3900x on this board but would you do it for the looks of it?

Pics here:

Velocity CPU block: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-velocity-rgb-nickel-plexi

Monoblock: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-momentum-rog-strix-x570-e-d-rgb-plexi

Join the LTT folding team and support the cure for cancer and various other bad stuff! Its IMPORTANT for humanity guys!

2 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

-

I would think about it in terms of thermal headroom, does your radiator has enough headroom to take on the VRMs? They do dump a healthy amount of heat into the loop, so if you have a heat heavy system already with not so much radiator space, I would rather leave the VRMs on air so that the radiators aren't as stressed.

5 minutes ago, For Science! said:

I would think about it in terms of thermal headroom, does your radiator has enough headroom to take on the VRMs? They do dump a healthy amount of heat into the loop, so if you have a heat heavy system already with not so much radiator space, I would rather leave the VRMs on air so that the radiators aren't as stressed.

I have a 280 and a 420 Rad, both 30mm Tick with Noc InduPPC fans. I might be getting an additional 120mm.

Rest is VII+V64+x570chipset (but that wont make much heat). ATM the system can run on full thrust with under 40bd noise at where I am sitting.

Join the LTT folding team and support the cure for cancer and various other bad stuff! Its IMPORTANT for humanity guys!

7 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

Noc InduPPC fans

For god's sake please never ever type it like this ever again. I nearly shot myself to try and forget this horrific sight. "Noctua iPPC" reads without causing instant brain cell death and is actually shorter and easier to type. 

That out of the way, you'll be fine. Rads should be plenty for that combo if you're running stock, if you get to OCing and pumping more power into your vegas, things will get toasty. 

Shouldn't need to cool the VRMs with a monoblock so long as they're decent, it's basically aesthetics. Pick whichever you think looks nicest. I went for a monoblock for the looks at one point, now I stick with just CPU blocks, like 'em better. That's my subjective opinion though, just do whatever works best for you. 

X58 Madlads: X58 Xeon/i7 discussion     X99 bois: X99 Xeon/i7 discussion

Big Rig (Completed) - (Current) - i7 5960X - 4.7Ghz/3.7Ghz ~ 1.3v/1.1v core/uncore - 76-78C under RealBench load- Custom Loop: 2x 360GTS with EK-ZMT/Stubbies and EK D5 pump/res combo - EVGA X99 Classified - 32GB (4x8GB) HyperX Predator DDR4 - 3200MHz CL16 - AMD Radeon VII (best TimeSpy so far: here) - 1TB 970 Evo - Corsair RM1000i - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG - 6x iPPC NF-F12 2000 - LG 25UM56-P - 25" 2560x1080 at 75Hz

Planned Rig (big rig moving to F@H and benching) - i7 5820K - whatever cooler I decide on - EVGA X99 Micro 2 - 16GB (4x4GB) EVGA SSC DDR4 - EVGA XC Ultra 1660 Ti - 250GB 960 Evo - Whatever other drives I end up running - Corsair CX550 - Fractal Design Meshify C Mini - LG 25UM56-P - 25" 2560x1080 at 75Hz

Planned X58 rig - i7 950 - NH-D15S - EVGA X58 Classified SLI 3-Way - 24GB (3x8GB) HyperX Savage Red DDR3 - 2x EVGA Classified 780s - probably a basic SSD - EVGA 1600W T2 - Fractal Design Define S - 3x NF-P12 Redux + whatever other fans I end up using

Delayed Linux Box - X5670 - Intel i7 920 stock cooler - EVGA X58 Micro - 6GB (6x1GB) Corsair DDR3 most likely - AMD Radeon WX2100 - probably a basic SSD - 600W Enhance Flex ATX PSU - Old Dell slim mATX chassis - 2-3x NF-A8 fans

I lowkey enjoy HEDT

I’d always shot for a mono block if I have the choice. I’ve never owned a new enough board to offer it though. I buy boards that have that area covers with a block already or I have to add one. 

Id go all out. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 8700k, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-H, G.Skill TridentZ 16GB, EVGA 1080 SC, EVGA 850 GQ, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz 

Spare RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 4770K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 32Gb, EVGA 1060 SSC, Corsair CX850M, Acer xG270HU 2560x1440@144hz

3 hours ago, Mick Naughty said:

I’d always shot for a mono block if I have the choice. I’ve never owned a new enough board to offer it though. I buy boards that have that area covers with a block already or I have to add one. 

Id go all out. 

Yeha probably I’ll do it. Maybe I will try to sell my old supremacy  evo to save a bit on the monoblock