yet another gaming rig ?

filippalfi

Here are a few pics of a build I did today,a bit unbalanced but will work fine :)

Asus Rampage IV Formula

i7 3930k

16GB Hyper X Genesis

GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X Trio

Some RGB stuff ?

Corsair HX1000i power supply

Patriot Burst 240GB SSD 

Looks quite decent :)

Future plans are getting an AIO and overclocking the CPU a bit,so I bottlenecks a bit less :)

IMG_20191219_185703.jpg

IMG_20191219_202945.jpg

IMG_20191219_193145.jpg

IMG_20191219_200012.jpg

IMG_20191219_204228.jpg

IMG_20191219_204043.jpg

IMG_20191219_204614.jpg

build I did today

i7 3930k

*checks calendar*

At least you didn't cheap on PSU lol

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

23 minutes ago, Juular said:

*checks calendar*

At least you didn't cheap on PSU lol

Didnt cheap out on anything,if thats what really bothers you. Parts laying around.

Great seeing old high end boards get new life. It'll really come alive when you get a decent overclock going.

There's still a bunch of people on X58 and X79 around here, they're amazing platforms really. If you shoot for 1440p/4K you'll leverage that 1080ti perfectly fine, I get about the same performance in games as my buddy with a Ryzen 1700 with a GTX 1080 on X58/Westmere. Even better is when you're done using it for yourself, HEDT platforms make great home servers too!

I know there's a fairly popular X58 thread and a X99 thread but I'm not sure if there's a X79 thread.

29 minutes ago, Slayer3032 said:

Great seeing old high end boards get new life. It'll really come alive when you get a decent overclock going.

There's still a bunch of people on X58 and X79 around here, they're amazing platforms really. If you shoot for 1440p/4K you'll leverage that 1080ti perfectly fine, I get about the same performance in games as my buddy with a Ryzen 1700 with a GTX 1080 on X58/Westmere. Even better is when you're done using it for yourself, HEDT platforms make great home servers too!

I know there's a fairly popular X58 thread and a X99 thread but I'm not sure if there's a X79 thread.

Thanks man! I had this laying around,need the PSU and a case,which can always be reused for other builds. 

Titan X was intended to go in but I didnt managed to get one which I was supposed,but if I did,that would be epic! :) And yeah,I think this 3930k still has some life in it :D

i picked up a 4670k and an msi mpower mb. best find yet. but i might be giving it to my dad as it should be an upgrade for him.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

1 hour ago, thrasher_565 said:

i picked up a 4670k and an msi mpower mb. best find yet. but i might be giving it to my dad as it should be an upgrade for him.

Yeah,those are still great! Ive been using a Xeon counterpart of the 4770 and it was the best cpu I used for that price. It was paired with a 1070 Ti and man,that thing was good... 

@filippalfi Great build! I see that ur using Armis AR5 TG RGB if I'm not wrong. I'm happy that SPC is becoming more and more popular cause it has great value products. Myself I'm using their AR7X TG RGB and it's great!  :D 

CPU: i5-4590 | CPU Cooler: SPC Spartan LT HE922 | MOBO: ASRock H87 Fatal1ty | GPU: Gigabyte R9 280 3GB | RAM: 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix 1600Mhz | SSD: MX500 1TB | Case: SPC Armis AR7X | PSU: XFX TS550W | Custom Cables: Phanteks Extension Kit (White)

50 minutes ago, xKr1Sx said:

@filippalfi Great build! I see that ur using Armis AR5 TG RGB if I'm not wrong. I'm happy that SPC is becoming more and more popular cause it has great value products. Myself I'm using their AR7X TG RGB and it's great!  :D 

Its actually an AR3 :) A bit smaller one. Yeah,it was around 60 bucks,2 fans,2 rgb strips,fan controller,tempered glass,all the modern features which can be removed like the psu shroud etc,its great for that price.

4 hours ago, filippalfi said:

Its actually an AR3 :) A bit smaller one. Yeah,it was around 60 bucks,2 fans,2 rgb strips,fan controller,tempered glass,all the modern features which can be removed like the psu shroud etc,its great for that price.

Oh, I thought it was AR5 :P but still it'a really nice build in a great case! I'll be building a rig for a friend tomorrow in Signum SG1X which seems also nice, 4rgb fans, 2 tempered glass panels but I think it's smaller. But imo SPC is a winner for price/value in PC cases in Europe - it's cheap and good

CPU: i5-4590 | CPU Cooler: SPC Spartan LT HE922 | MOBO: ASRock H87 Fatal1ty | GPU: Gigabyte R9 280 3GB | RAM: 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix 1600Mhz | SSD: MX500 1TB | Case: SPC Armis AR7X | PSU: XFX TS550W | Custom Cables: Phanteks Extension Kit (White)

1 minute ago, xKr1Sx said:

Oh, I thought it was AR5 :P but still it'a really nice build in a great case! I'll be building a rig for a friend tomorrow in Signum SG1X which seems also nice, 4rgb fans, 2 tempered glass panels but I think it's smaller. But imo SPC is a winner for price/value in PC cases in Europe - it's cheap and good

Yep,definitely is. I believe its a polish company. Also bought one of theirs 500w 80+ bronze power supplies for a budget build I did,no issues there. Nice,flat black cables. 

Also did some overclocking on 3930k,managed to get 4.6ghz with 1.26V. Everything higher had a diminishing return,not much of an improvement but it required a LOT of voltage for 4.8ghz,and I am limited with mediocre air cooler.

Performance in games improved massively. 

Project Cars 2,1080p,maxed out,230ish fps avg

Titanfall 2,maxed out,engine capped at 144fps,no drops whatsoever.

Gonna test some more games later.

I'm not familiar with Sandy/Ivy Bridge as I've only overclocked with Westmere, Haswell and Skylake. I've had to push far more voltage into all of those for 4.6ghz so that sounds really good, you probably got some decent silicon there. Stick a good cooler on there and that thing is going to do great.

1 hour ago, Slayer3032 said:

I'm not familiar with Sandy/Ivy Bridge as I've only overclocked with Westmere, Haswell and Skylake. I've had to push far more voltage into all of those for 4.6ghz so that sounds really good, you probably got some decent silicon there. Stick a good cooler on there and that thing is going to do great.

Yeah,it overclocks really well till 4.6 ghz,after that it REALLY needs higher voltage which I cant cool with this cooler. Right now it sits around 70c,decent.  Right now its around 15% slower in single core than my 7600k overclocked to 5 ghz. Also ran GTA V,Witcher 3 and both games run really well,suprisingly well actually ??

• 3 weeks later...

Managed to get a good deal for an AIO. Enermax Liqmax II 240mm,finally got rid of that unbearably loud 80mm EKL cooler,peace and quiet :)

Temps are fine,dropped from high 70s to low to mid 60s at Aida64 stress tests while being soooooo much quieter.

IMG_20200108_225247.jpg

IMG_20200109_154642.jpg

CPU seems a bit dated but it looks clean. 1-RGB fans... ? Not bad tho. Git moar RGB!! Lol.

MY RIG

CPU: i7-9700k

Motherboard: Asus Strix Z390 E-gaming board

Ram: Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3000

SSD: WD Blue 500GB 

HDD: WD Blue 1TB 7200rpm

Graphics: Geforce RTX 2070 Super

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 80 Plus Gold

1 minute ago, MrHoliday said:

CPU seems a bit dated but it looks clean. 1-RGB fans... ? Not bad tho. Git moar RGB!! Lol.

It is a bit dated,but it doesnt bother me. When overclocked it works reaaally well with that 1080 Ti :),even at 1080p