Can anyone tell me is this ips glow or backlight bleeding?

Flying Sausages
Go to solution Solved by SolarNova,
1 minute ago, OlympicAssEater said:

Sitting far away does reduce the amount of ips glow I see

So this replacement unit has ips glow and no backlight bleeding as my previous one right?

The Samsung superultrawide you listed cost over $1k which is going to take me a long while to afford it because right now I am in bad finance. I have to pay out of pocket $700(no include textbooks only classes) for my college spring semester classes and want to get a vacuum cleaner in xmas. 

Well seems like u got only 3 options then

• Deal with it how it is
  • Sit further away and deal with what u got
  • Get it replaced again with another one and try the lottery once again.

As for continued comparisons of IPS glow and BLB, ur in a much better position to make that comparison than we are here on the forums, u have the display in front of you. You know what to look for now.

There not much more i can help with.

10 minutes ago, OlympicAssEater said:

?

I am sitting close to the screen

So this replacement has ips glow but no better than my previous one?

Ok ur sitting close ..but have u tried sitting u further away ? does it help with the amount of IPS glow u see ?

This replacement has as much if not more than the original one u had, at least thats what it looks like from the pictures.

If u want to avoid IPS glow all together the only way is to not get an IPS panel Monitor. Get a VA for example.

BUt as i stated, there are only a handful of tested and reviewed ultrawide displays, and none of them have 'good' uniformity. BUT could be a better option none the less if u really want ultra wide.

For example, the SuperUltraWide Samsung CHG90, which is a 49" 3840 x 1080 VA 144hz display.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/samsung/c49hg90-chg90

Its not great uniformity for a VA, there are much better 16:9 options, but if u want Ultrawide, this is the best one i've seen reviewed in regards to uniformity.

It will NOT suffer IPS glow, as its not IPS, but ,like all LCD's, can suffer BLB. It does however have a very (very) basic local dimming feature which can help hide BLB in certain situations.

BLB can also 'sometimes' be reduced / fixed by some small DIY tricks. but dont count on them.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

8 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

Ok ur sitting close ..but have u tried sitting u further away ? does it help with the amount of IPS glow u see ?

So this replacement unit has ips glow and no backlight bleeding as my previous one right?

8 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

If u want to avoid IPS glow all together the only way is to not get an IPS panel Monitor. Get a VA for example.

BUt as i stated, there are only a handful of tested and reviewed ultrawide displays, and none of them have 'good' uniformity. BUT could be a better option none the less if u really want ultra wide.

For example, the SuperUltraWide Samsung CHG90, which is a 49" 3840 x 1080 VA 144hz display.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/samsung/c49hg90-chg90

Its not great uniformity for a VA, there are much better 16:9 options, but if u want Ultrawide, this is the best one i've seen reviewed in regards to uniformity.

It will NOT suffer IPS glow, as its not IPS, but ,like all LCD's, can suffer BLB. It does however have a very (very) basic local dimming feature which can help hide BLB in certain situations.

BLB can also 'sometimes' be reduced / fixed by some small DIY tricks. but dont count on them.

The Samsung superultrawide you listed cost over $1k which is going to take me a long while to afford it because right now I am in bad finance. I have to pay out of pocket $700(no include textbooks only classes) for my college spring semester classes and want to get a vacuum cleaner in xmas. 

1 minute ago, OlympicAssEater said:

Well seems like u got only 3 options then

• Deal with it how it is
  • Sit further away and deal with what u got
  • Get it replaced again with another one and try the lottery once again.

As for continued comparisons of IPS glow and BLB, ur in a much better position to make that comparison than we are here on the forums, u have the display in front of you. You know what to look for now.

There not much more i can help with.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Also keep in mind since you said you sit close you don't really need an ips screen imo. 

I'm the opposite I'm all over the place when I'm playing or watching something, especially different angles so I *need* an ips screen. 

See that viewing angle... still perfect colors! 

IMG_20191208_020408.thumb.jpg.07cfaa29bc1d458dd0c922917956ab1f.jpg

IMG_20191208_021015.thumb.jpg.878fbc77a271b7164bf5a83ab43bc54b.jpg

*btw taken with manual camera settings as it's just more accurate 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder