Disposing of AIO coolant?

M.Laz

The short version is I need to dispose of the coolant from a Corsair H75 AIO.
I don't see an MSDS on Corsair's site and the declaration of conformity is not clear on how to properly handle the coolant.

Does anyone know the correct way to dispose of the coolant from this AIO?

18 minutes ago, M.Laz said:

I don't see an MSDS on Corsair's site and the declaration of conformity is not clear on how to properly handle the coolant.

Which is another way of saying “what is this stuff!?” I guess.  If what it is is known, a disposal practice could follow from that.  Does corsairs website have any info?

the strongest bet is distilled water because it’s cheap.  Thing is if Corsair could have gotten even a degree or two out of something toxic they very well might have done it because better reviews.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

35 minutes ago, M.Laz said:

-

It is mainly propylene glycol. However there may be some ethylene glycol in it too, exactly what ratio is unfortunately anybody's guess. To be on the safe side, it should be treated the same as automotive coolant.

53 minutes ago, M.Laz said:

It's likely "Propylene Glycol", aka Anti-freeze. A quick google search suggests it's probably identical to the stuff you would use in the radiator of a car, so I'd probably suggest disposing of it the same way you'd dispose of any other car fluids.

Thanks for the help! It sort of smells like engine coolant to me so that's how I'll treat it.