Optimal 1080p Setup

So Im in the process of updating my old rig, i3-8100, 1050 gtx. Im not planning on going 1440p but would like to play modern titles with 120ish fps.

At the moment most ideal setup for me is looking like 1660 super ( around 270 euros), i5-9600KF (around 230 euros) and AsRock z390 phantom (110 euros). I can re-use my old ram, ssd and hdd. 
Of course I also need a new psu but 650w corsair should be fine. My biggest problems are that is Noctua NH-U12S enough cooling for the cpu? (or is it even compatible with said cpu?) also are there better options for me? 
I rarely do anthing else than game on my setup and I really dont care much about rpg or any other nonsense, I'd just like optimal gaming experience on 1080p with as little cost as possible. Used market in my country is very poor so buying new is pretty much only option.

Any feedback or advice is greatly appreciated. Also I'm not set on stone with intel, its just the platform I'm most used to.

Edit: i5-9600F is only 170 euros but its base clock seems quite a bit lower than the KF version. so im not sure how that would affect the experience?

5 minutes ago, JuicyCube said:

So Im in the process of updating my old rig, i3-8100, 1050 gtx. Im not planning on going 1440p but would like to play modern titles with 120ish fps.

At the moment most ideal setup for me is looking like 1660 super ( around 270 euros), i5-9600KF (around 230 euros) and AsRock z390 phantom (110 euros). I can re-use my old ram, ssd and hdd. 
Of course I also need a new psu but 650w corsair should be fine. My biggest problems are that is Noctua NH-U12S enough cooling for the cpu? (or is it even compatible with said cpu?) also are there better options for me? 
I rarely do anthing else than game on my setup and I really dont care much about rpg or any other nonsense, I'd just like optimal gaming experience on 1080p with as little cost as possible. Used market in my country is very poor so buying new is pretty much only option.

Any feedback or advice is greatly appreciated. Also I'm not set on stone with intel, its just the platform I'm most used to.

Edit: i5-9600F is only 170 euros but its base clock seems quite a bit lower than the KF version. so im not sure how that would affect the experience?

Just get a 3600 and Tomahawk MAX, then use the money saved to get a 5700.

3 minutes ago, gloop said:

Just get a 3600 and Tomahawk MAX, then use the money saved to get a 5700.

cheapest 3600 i could find was 220 euros and tomahawk actually costed more than the z390 board (at 125 euros) Part prices are dumb over here apparently. 

10 minutes ago, JuicyCube said:

Go with the Ryzen 5 3600 and Tomahawk MAX as said, though I don't agree with the 5700.. drivers are still wonky I find it difficult to recommend but the 1660 Super is an excellent choice

If you already bought the NH-U12S check if it has the AM4 mounting bracket for AMD, but to answer your question it does support the 9600K for sure and is plenty.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

1 minute ago, _Syn_ said:

Go with the Ryzen 5 3600 and Tomahawk MAX as said, though I don't agree with the 5700.. drivers are still wonky I find it difficult to recommend but the 1660 Super is an excellent choice

If you already bought the NH-U12S check if it has the AM4 mounting bracket for AMD, but to answer your question it does support the 9600K for sure and is plenty.

Thanks for the confirmation on the cooling power ^^ was my biggest concern. so what im getting from this is that ryzen 5 3600 is better than the planned 9600k even at even price (motherboards included) 

29 minutes ago, JuicyCube said:

cheapest 3600 i could find was 220 euros and tomahawk actually costed more than the z390 board (at 125 euros) Part prices are dumb over here apparently. 

There's the Asrock B450 Pro4 and pay attention to the "AMD Ryzen 3000 Desktop Ready" sticker on the box to confirm that the BIOS is updated, or ask them to update the BIOS for you, otherwise the Tomahawk "MAX" version is guaranteed to support Ryzen 3000

22 minutes ago, JuicyCube said:

Thanks for the confirmation on the cooling power ^^ was my biggest concern. so what im getting from this is that ryzen 5 3600 is better than the planned 9600k even at even price (motherboards included) 

Definitely better than the 9600K, and you also have an upgrade path

Performs about the same in gaming, and outperforms the 9600K in everything else

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

21 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

There's the Asrock B450 Pro4 and pay attention to the "AMD Ryzen 3000 Desktop Ready" sticker on the box to confirm that the BIOS is updated, or ask them to update the BIOS for you, otherwise the Tomahawk "MAX" version is guaranteed to support Ryzen 3000

Definitely better than the 9600K, and you also have an upgrade path

Performs about the same in gaming, and outperforms the 9600K in everything else

Thank you for the feedback. I have to truly consider going Ryzen now.