Case fans advice

Marbo

I'm looking for the Holy grail of case fans. Super cheap, quiet but shift a lot of air. 

Recently upgraded my graphics card to a 2060 super, need to try and knock a few degrees off my temps. Air flow is not so good. 

I have Silverstone ps15 case. 2 exhaust and 2 intake fans. Deepcool rf 120. Intake on 240mm rad. 

I changed that to 3 exhaust (taking 1 off the rad and replacing with one of the  Silverstone fans I got with aio) it does the trick and the Silverstone fan moves lots of air, but it sounds like a jet. 

Anyone had any experience with these? 

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/120mm-5-pack-arctic-p12-pwm-pst-5-blade-static-pressure-1800rpm-563cfm-fluid-dynamic-bearing-black-4

I've used an artic cpu cooler years ago and it was very quiet. 

Thanks. 

Yeah I have those, they're pretty good, though I'm not sure they are the holy grail of case fans. They can get kinda loud at high rpm but that's usually the case. The best thing about these is that you can daisy chain them so you don't need a splitter and you don't have to tune each of them individually. 

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

I can’t make your link work.

There is an old saying I will undoubtedly badly paraphrase:

“you can have it on time, under budget or done well.  Pick two”

I suspect you will have the same problem.  To make it more fun “shifts a lot of air” could be static pressure or cfm.  Fan blade design and size balance cfm and static pressure. Static pressure is only needed for overcoming resistance like radiators or filters.  High static pressure fans are either louder or have less actual cfm than fans balanced for cfm.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

4 minutes ago, martward said:

Yeah I have those, they're pretty good, though I'm not sure they are the holy grail of case fans. They can get kinda loud at high rpm but that's usually the case. The best thing about these is that you can daisy chain them so you don't need a splitter and you don't have to tune each of them individually. 

How fast are you able to run them without ears bleeding? 

6 minutes ago, Marbo said:

How fast are you able to run them without ears bleeding? 

I'm running them at 1200-1300 rpm I think. If I go higher than that I will start to get mildly annoyed by them when I'm there is no sound and I'm not wearing headphones.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

12 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I can’t make your link work.

There is an old saying I will undoubtedly badly paraphrase:

“you can have it on time, under budget or done well.  Pick two”

I suspect you will have the same problem.  To make it more fun “shifts a lot of air” could be static pressure or cfm.  Fan blade design and size balance cfm and static pressure. Static pressure is only needed for overcoming resistance like radiators or filters.  High static pressure fans are either louder or have less actual cfm than fans balanced for cfm.

Yep, but it's worth asking ?

Actually you just gave me another idea. A couple of Noctua NF-P12 REDUX PWM for the rad (a couple of pounds more than 5 of the Arctic fans) and keep 3 of the deepcool as exhaust. 

My other choice is have the top 2 fans as intake and just one exhaust. Dragging in as much cool air as pos with reasonable noise levels. 

3 minutes ago, martward said:

I'm running them at 1200-1300 rpm I think. If I go higher than that I will start to get mildly annoyed by them when I'm there is no sound and I'm not wearing headphones.

Thanks ?

Temps?

How are you determining that airflow isn't very good? What you're describing seems like plenty of airflow. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

10 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Temps?

How are you determining that airflow isn't very good? What you're describing seems like plenty of airflow. 

With two of the deepcool fans on the rad I can feel very little air getting through, compared to the Silverstone fan. With one of each on the rad there is a huge difference between the two. 

It's definitely getting cool air into the case that's the issue. 

Although the card is running below max temps (74 under load) it can be there for a couple of hours as I do a lot of iray rendering. 

I could ramp up the speed and it's all fine. I just can't stand the noise. 

10 minutes ago, Marbo said:

With two of the deepcool fans on the rad I can feel very little air getting through, compared to the Silverstone fan. With one of each on the rad there is a huge difference between the two. 

It's definitely getting cool air into the case that's the issue. 

Although the card is running below max temps (74 under load) it can be there for a couple of hours as I do a lot of iray rendering. 

Those temps are fine.

Your hand is not a good tool for measuring airflow. It's normal for airflow to decrease when passing through restrictive areas like rads, filters, or meshes. If your temps are fine, there's no need to worry. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

Those temps are fine. 

Your hand is not a good tool for measuring airflow. It's normal for airflow to decrease when passing through restrictive areas like rads, filters, or meshes. If your temps are fine, there's no need to worry. 

Thanks, maybe I'm being over cautious as it's not short bursts at full load it's constant.